• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

VA-keeping competitors honest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Virgin America has not made a nickel but they will.
When? 6 years now in operation! Spirit became a ULCC in 2007 and has the best ROIC of anyone right now.
Well at least WTI closed below $88.00 today so that should help everyone.

Ummmm, competing is one thing....predatory practices are another. But, it is tradition in aviation so I guess it's okay.

Welcome to the big league. Shortly after JetBlue came to fruition Delta created Song dumping capacity and fares, AA offered double frequent flier miles on all competing routes, capacity increases, WN low balled all fares between LAX and OAK for years in response to JetBlue flying LGB to OAK, etc. It's the nature of the game, ask Sir Richard to give up some LHR slots to level the playing field in jolly old England. I admire Branson and I understand what he is doing but these moves by competitors are nothing new.

Ummmm, competing is one thing....predatory practices are another. But, it is tradition in American Capitalism so I guess it's okay.

ftfy

Some of the comments on that article are hilarious. Paraphrasing here, "THEY SHOULD BE COLLABORATING NOT COMPETING!"

That guy's kids are going to be some of the worst garbage produced by the "participant award society."

Welcome to the big league. Shortly after JetBlue came to fruition Delta created Song dumping capacity and fares, AA offered double frequent flier miles on all competing routes, capacity increases, WN low balled all fares between LAX and OAK for years in response to JetBlue flying LGB to OAK, etc. It's the nature of the game, ask Sir Richard to give up some LHR slots to level the playing field in jolly old England. I admire Branson and I understand what he is doing but these moves by competitors are nothing new.

Nothing new indeed. Hard-nosed and unfair competition is prevalent on both sides of the ocean. Brandson spin. (ya I know I misspelled his name) It's all good for VA, so long as dick keeps throwing money through the back door.

Latest resources

Back