Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
McGorkle comments

http://www.defense.gov/transcripts/2001/t01192001_t119mv22.html

"The flight crew, as most of you know, all served, all four of them, on the Multi-Service Operational Test Team, the MOTT. And the combination represented what I think was our most experienced MV-22 crew that could be assembled. I've run through the flight times with you before in here with Lieutenant Colonel Murphy with over 300 hours in the MV-22, 280 in the simulator; Colonel Sweaney, 280 in the MV-22 and almost 200 in the simulator. And then Staff Sergeant Runnels and Sergeant Buyck both had well over 200 hours in the MV-22.

The aircraft information that I haven't provided to you before: was a Lot 2, a low-rate initial production aircraft. It was number 18. It was accepted from the manufacturer on 26 August 2000; had 160 total hours prior to this mishap; was properly certified safe for flight. And we've checked the aircraft log book and aircraft discrepancy book and have determined that they were properly maintained. And it was a normal configuration for a fam [familiarization]-and- instrument flight.

So the overview: exceptional flight crew; well briefed for instrument-fam warm-up; a new airplane, and weather was not a factor. It was VFR [Visual Flight Rules]."

Stop dreaming dude, your employer will never get one. :)

no, we are too busy buying leased ATR's that are broken all the time

I am having fun in the 350, if somebody can't have fun flying a King Air, they need a head examination

you make Capt yet

Not yet. Another 1-2 years I guess. I am thinking about buying my own Cessna though, so I can command something...

I've only worked 9 days this month. I'm gettin' lazy.

Say, what are you doing snoopping on the helicopter forum, anyhow?

flint4xx said:
I am thinking about buying my own Cessna though, so I can command something...
Great line.

I've only worked 9 days this month. I'm gettin' lazy.

he11, I worked 4 weekends last month

they also sent 2 newbies to me, one of them thought "PAPI" meant father in Spanish, the other one wanted to lean out the PT-6 via the condition levers, to improve the fuel burn

:confused:

"you're not stupid, are you?" <----- wonder if that was a rude response

12 more years....12 more years.....12 more....

Last edited:
satpak77 said:
the other one wanted to lean out the PT-6 via the condition levers, to improve the fuel burn

Did you let him?

And tell Ixxxxxmann F.Y. for me.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back