• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Useful app to determine cloud height

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or.... hold a checklist against the glare shield, place the top of a checklist at the top of the cloud and hold it there (hold your head still). As you get closer the top of the cloud will either rise above the checklist or fall below it. If it goes above, you won't top it. If it goes below, you will top it.

Anyone using this please send me 4 bucks, paypal or cash only. It's the least you can do since I just saved you a 1000 bucks for an Ipad.

Does it work with mountain tops?

Last edited:
Or.... hold a checklist against the glare shield, place the top of a checklist at the top of the cloud and hold it there (hold your head still). As you get closer the top of the cloud will either rise above the checklist or fall below it. If it goes above, you won't top it. If it goes below, you will top it.

Anyone using this please send me 4 bucks, paypal or cash only. It's the least you can do since I just saved you a 1000 bucks for an Ipad.

Does it work with mountain tops?

This will work until your arms get tired :)

Or you could use a partially empty bottle of water. Simply sight across the top of the water and apply a minor correction for water tension. Voila, a free level surface that keeps you hydrated.

Oooor, and I'm going WAY out on a limb here..........just go AROUND the farking thing. Most of us DO get paid by the minute.

Jus sayin

Now we need an app on a silly "tablet" to replace common sense and piloting skills?

Good grief.

Learn to fly and put away the gimmicks.

Give me heading 1-8-0...

The navagation system has failed sir!!

Is the sun comming up?

Yes?

Then put it on your left!

The Avengers

Latest resources

Back