• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAirways to buy Republic?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are all so far beyond reason that it hurts to have to explain the REAL plan:

Buy Republic for eleventy-six trillion dollars. Swap the 170 fleet with the PDT Dashes, cross-train the pilots, put a fleet of Q400s at PSA, and have AirWhiskey fly YS-11s out of Jamestown for Aloha.

You are all so far beyond reason that it hurts to have to explain the REAL plan:

Buy Republic for eleventy-six trillion dollars. Swap the 170 fleet with the PDT Dashes, cross-train the pilots, put a fleet of Q400s at PSA, and have AirWhiskey fly YS-11s out of Jamestown for Aloha.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You, sir, are an insider!

It's the only way to have every express pilot saying, "What the HE[[ is this thing?" on the flight deck. It makes perfect sense, and of course-

you're welcome.

I don't doubt that this rumor is true....I am sure at some point someone at Airways thought about buying back the 170/175 aircraft. This could make sense for a number of reasons: 1) savings on the Airways 190's may only be realized by increasing the fleet, most quickly done by adding in the common tyoe 170 and 175. 2) This may have been less expensive than settling with the Mid Atlantic pilots who are suing for some rather large sum. 3) Airways my think that they can operate the fleet more efficiently than republic does for any number of reasons 4) Airways wants to grow, as evidenced by the Delta buyout bid. The 170/175's are an out-of the box, instant oatmeal kind of way to grow their fleet.

That said, I am sure this idea will never actually happen because some bean counter somewhere will demonstrate the cost-ineffectiveness of this idea. That and Bedford probably was the one who bailed Parker out of jail, and probably has some naked pictures of Parker's wife/mistresses.

2) This may have been less expensive than settling with the Mid Atlantic pilots who are suing for some rather large sum

unless I'm mistaken US Air is not named in the sueing - just what they said. Its ALPA that is being sued.

RAH would never let the 170/175's go... Although they are understaffed, it would be foolish for them to sell. Airways needs to focus on paying back their pilots and getting the 190 pay rates in line before worrying about RAH's 170's

Latest resources

Back