• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usairways Non Rev Travel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok,chew on this: I propose a reciprical agreement between Trans States,CHQ,Mesa,Shuttle America and Colgan for free non-rev space-available travel.If you work for mainline or w/o's,you gotta pay.There,how's that ?

Ok,chew on this: I propose a reciprical agreement between Trans States,CHQ,Mesa,Shuttle America and Colgan for free non-rev space-available travel.If you work for mainline or w/o's,you gotta pay.There,how's that ?

1. Maybe thats why you work for a contract carier. The screening process at U and the WO's must of weeded you out. TSA, CHQ, Mesa,SA, and Colgan don't own the routes, don't ticket the routes and don't collect fares for the routes you fly for U. You CAN"T charge a fee on these routes because YOU DON"T OWN OR CONTROL THEM. Its a sh@tty policy but you have no right or power to charge on these routes contrary to U's policy. If this is what U wants ,even though its assinine, the contract carriers have no say and can't charge ML and WO's on the routes that the contract carriers FLY FOR U.

We at Mesa still haven't been given any information on this new policy. All I know is that it Must be changed. There is no way I can afford to pay $180-$200 a month to commute from CLT to PHL.

2. Well because of the whores at Mesa alot of WO and ML U pilots are out of a job because you guys will fly for peanuts just for the chance for "RJ's and growth". You reap what you sow. You undercut the EMPLOYEES OF U and now U wants some money - tough sh*t. ENjoy all the growth that you POS contract and airline gets at the expense of U Group employees. You are not a U employee just a leach of the U employee group.

Uh,exagony-I'm ex-Piedmont-so have a big,steamin' bowl of STFU ! Are you surprised I was part of the erstwhile master race ? Yes,there are even U mainline pilots now wearing the CHQ uniform-fathom the concept ! Is that too much for your itty-bitty brain to grasp ? I don't care if we charge or not-except in your case,I would delight in booting your arse back to SCE.Don't get mad at me-I'm not the one parking your Dashes.

The answer to the entire question lies in the contract-carrier agreement.

How does fee for departure work? US Airways essentially buys 50 seats on an RJ (or 30 in a saab, 19 in a beech...you get the idea).

They can do with those 50 seats whatever they wish. They own the seats. They paid the fee.

SO US Airways sells those 50 seats and pockets all of the revenue... minus the "fee".

By entering into the contract those seats no longer belong to you. Sure, they're your airplanes. Nobody is questioning that. And since they're your airplanes you will, obviously, be able to travel space-available on YOUR airplanes.

But the seats, thanks to your contract, belong to US Airways and what THEY'VE decided to do is sell as many as they can. Those that remain can be used by US Airways employees as a part of their employee travel program. Why not? US Airways bought and paid for those seats -- all of them.

You, on the other hand, have no claim to the seats on US Airways. It is one of the (very few) downsides to working for an affiliate company. Once the contract is signed the seats no longer belong to you.

Colgan don't own the routes

Actually, not completely accurate... Colan Air does own all the EAS routes that feed into Boston and Dulles.. I guess they should start charging all the WO and ML nonrevs that want to vacation in Maine and New Hampshire.

That won't happen though... No one at Colan Air has the balls to do something like that.

If US Airways is in such a dire financial position that it needs to gouge the contract carrier employees then they should just close the doors now.

As I understand it is not just the 20 bucks per leg either. You have to pay the tax on full fare price too.

Some of you seem to have an inflated opinion of yourselves as well. If mainline and their wo's are so important or that great they would have no need to contract anything.

"2. Well because of the whores at Mesa alot of WO and ML U pilots are out of a job because you guys will fly for peanuts just for the chance for "RJ's and growth". You reap what you sow. You undercut the EMPLOYEES OF U and now U wants some money - tough sh*t. ENjoy all the growth that you POS contract and airline gets at the expense of U Group employees. You are not a U employee just a leach of the U employee group."

The majority Mesa pilots who are going to be effected by this are the PHL based CRJ pilots (more of the CLT pilots live there). 80% of these pilots are either J4J or ex CCair. None of us had a vote on Mesa's crappy contract and are trying to do everything we can to make Mesa a better place to work. You can hate us for going to work at Mesa but if Mesa is ever going to get out of the celler we are going to need good people to do it. You should support these people not hate us. It has to start somewhere.

Anyway, as I said before, EVERYONE needs to protest this action as it might set a precedent that will come back to bit the rest of the WO and U employees in the future. -Bean

They can do with those 50 seats whatever they wish. They own the seats. They paid the fee.

SO US Airways sells those 50 seats and pockets all of the revenue... minus the "fee".

By entering into the contract those seats no longer belong to you. Sure, they're your airplanes. Nobody is questioning that. And since they're your airplanes you will, obviously, be able to travel space-available on YOUR airplanes.

But remember I own the jumpseat so don't wait in line..:D

Once again being a WO guy I'd like to say I'm against this.

Around the line and on this board I see alot of WO guys saying their happy that the contract guys have to pay, that "its time thoes guys got screwed too". Well for the past year I've been screwed like I've never been screwed before (lost about 27 grand/year due to down grade - now facing job loss) and I WOULDN'T wish it on anyone.

So now that I see others getting the shaft I feel for them, I know what its like. I just like every other airline pilot here has friends at another airline. Why would you want your own friends to get the screwed?

Anyway, atleast one WO pilot isn't happy about this, my jumpseat (guess its not really mine anymore) is always open.

Latest resources

Back