• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UsAirways E190 Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always thought a gazillion meant more than 31.
Bc that's what you boys had/have
21 a330's and 10 767's
Out of a combined fleet of over 300

And never mind the 20 190's that you guys get paid RJ wages to fly-

I am very convinced that the VAST MAJORITY of east pilots have NOT READ THE NIC AWARD.

Would you have been in favor of arbitration Wave, or would you have thrown out your union to avoid the outcome? It's easy to throw stones from the outside looking in.

How can a DFR against usapa happen if they are no longer the CBA come SLI time??? Even if they manage to have their chosen reps at the table with a revised protocol agreement, USAPA itself will be gone.

So I'm pretty sure AOL would have to sue APA. But wait, APA can say, "hey, we let the arbitrators make the final list, our hands are clean"...

I dunno, Just thinking out loud.

Even if the arbitrators make the list, APA still has a responsibility to ensure that the process is fair to all involved that they represent. If APA were to create a construct for the arbitration process that was fundamentally unfair to a specific group, then they could be held liable even if they didn't craft the actual list. Anything that is "arbitrary, discriminatory, or in bad faith" is a breach of DFR. But you're right that USAPA can't be sued if USAPA doesn't exist anymore. APA shoulders the DFR burden after a single carrier determination.

Not that the East had/has a gazillion wide bodies but you boys had/have none.

I always thought a gazillion meant more than 31.
Bc that's what you boys had/have
21 a330's and 10 767's
Out of a combined fleet of over 300

And never mind the 20 190's that you guys get paid RJ wages to fly-

I am very convinced that the VAST MAJORITY of east pilots have NOT READ THE NIC AWARD.

A gazillion wide bodies? LOL! You brought ~ two dozen wide bodies to the merger and you were credited with the first 517 spots on the seniority list.

DCA was conceding the fact that we do not have a gazillion wide bodies, while stating the obvious, that we do have wide bodies. He anticipated your objection that though we do have wide bodies, we do not have a gazillion.

Guppiediver, I have been told that the West has more pilots without a four-year degree than any other carrier. Do you have any data on that?

Even if the arbitrators make the list, APA still has a responsibility to ensure that the process is fair to all involved that they represent. If APA were to create a construct for the arbitration process that was fundamentally unfair to a specific group, then they could be held liable even if they didn't craft the actual list. Anything that is "arbitrary, discriminatory, or in bad faith" is a breach of DFR. But you're right that USAPA can't be sued if USAPA doesn't exist anymore. APA shoulders the DFR burden after a single carrier determination.

The APA has no DFR regarding the SLI to any USAir pilots.

You don't know what you are talking about. Every east pilot gained seniority with the Nicolau award.

Please explain how every East Pilot gained seniority with the Nic?
And please be as specific as you can by using real data and math - not just spurting an opinion.

Metrojet

You mean where their upgrade would have been delayed by less than 9 months, but they endured years of unnecessary bankruptcy wages and branded themselves as untrustworthy slimeballs in the process?

The east chose this to be their legacy and no one will let them forget it.

Yes , we chose our legacy - dozens of Captain upgrade, dozens of new hires, people holding blocks after 18 months, etc.

Yeah - it's bad over here on the East. Tell us how it is on your island in the desert, that you guys chose to build.

Metrojet

You mean where their upgrade would have been delayed by less than 9 months, but they endured years of unnecessary bankruptcy wages and branded themselves as untrustworthy slimeballs in the process?

The east chose this to be their legacy and no one will let them forget it.

Its posts like yours that prove all the court cases went our way. Why aren't the judges the slime balls? (Not that I want you to call the judges the slime balls, as I rather enjoy the moniker myself, considering the source and circumstances.)

DCA was conceding the fact that we do not have a gazillion wide bodies, while stating the obvious, that we do have wide bodies. He anticipated your objection that though we do have wide bodies, we do not have a gazillion.

Guppiediver, I have been told that the West has more pilots without a four-year degree than any other carrier. Do you have any data on that?

I have one.. Metro, I don't believe I chose anything. My union at the time as well as my management pretty much did all the work, which was nothing.. But, I make the best of it that I can.. flew 50hrs for May, paid 77. Enjoying the extra time with the family until I claim my rightful place on the combined list.

Latest resources

Back