• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mr Proachpoint

Hi all,

Serious question,

Does anybody have any info or experiences about non US citizens getting hired by airlines recently.

Reason I ask is that I am contemplating a move out of the corporate side and I know how much of a pain it is to get the OK for training in these post 9-11 days, as I do it every 6 months right now. So I am wondering if the HR departments might just trash my apps to save the hassle.

And before I get flamed for not being a citizen and being told to not let the door slam me on the way out if I don't like it, keep this in mind. I have been living here a long time and my wife and son are US born so this is home, but I won't give up my other citizenship as it is too nice of a retirement spot!!!

Thanks for any input.

I have been living here a long time and my wife and son are US born so this is home, but I won't give up my other citizenship as it is too nice of a retirement spot!!!

Can't have it both ways buddy...

It is legal for a U.S. citizen to hold duel citizenship. In his home country, it might not be allowed.

Don't tell them.

Trust me when I say I have good reasons for not being able to hold duel citizenship.

I really need some input to my original question about any news of non citizens having some luck with the HR people at 121 carriers. I posted the last paragraph hoping to shed some light to those posters who would rightly so ask the obvious questions about my residency choices.

So any input , stories or rumours would really help this tax paying, USA loving foreigner out!!!

I cant speak from experience (I am a foreign national/Green Carder, but havent been through the airline hiring experience since 9/11), but I've heard from others that it's not really a big consideration. I do know of an Ozzie and a Frenchman who have been hired in the past year. I figure if a Frenchie can do it, it cant be too daunting.

BTW, I love your screenname! I can just picture Bart Simpson calling Moe's

Moe: "I'm looking for a Mr Proachpoint here, HEY! anyone seen a Mr Proachpoint?"

:D :D :D

hi flywrite mind if I ask you who do you work for,just curios since I saw your profile rated on JS32 and I m trying to get back to the states looking for a flying job also rated and current on the JS32.
Thanks.

I'm afraid I haven't flown the mighty Jetstream since 2000. The company I flew it for isnt even around anymore. As far as I know Corporate Airlines of Smyrna Tennessee is the only J31/32 operator hiring right now. Boston-Maine up in New Hampshire was hiring recently, but from what I've read about them on hereI don't consider that to be a place I'd like to be.

Where are you coming back from?

If the US government has it's way, you'll soon be able to go back to your home country and get a job flying point-to-point all over the US. :(

Minh

If you are from France or any Middle Eastern country, I would be willing to buy you a one way ticket back. You could even take your family with you.

Latest resources

Back