• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US DOJ Suing to Block Meger of AMR and US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is the Obama administration and the Democrats. They always know what's best for 'mericans, don't question.

SWA bought the Justice Dept some pizza and a big screen TV !
=)

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions .... I smell the hand of Atlanta and they ain't Democrats and they don't eat pizza; try champagne and caviar.

Anyone else find it ironic that we have to live under the RLA and the government does nothing to change it, yet the robber barons and railroads of the same era would never be allowed to create a railroad across America in today's environment?

So when it comes to labor the past rules are set in stone, but when it comes to grandma buying a ticket for less than it would cost her to drive we need government intervention.

We actually had a chance to vote in Herman Cain's 9-9-9 plan and instead we have this administration.

Last edited:
I'm slow, so help me.

They are suing to stop the merger to make a healthier entity, for which if no merger occurs, there is a strong likelihood of bankruptcy, which will result in fewer flights and higher fares by the surviving entities.

Did I miss anything? Except this is the Eric Holder DOJ we are talking about.

Yep-you missed all the people soon to be out of work. Go consumer!

What's funny the Attorney generals in texas, Arizona Virginia, dc and Pennsylvania all filed. Can anyone here understand this? I certainly don't have a clue on this one.

"Consumers will likely also be harmed by the planned merger because
American had a standalone plan to emerge from bankruptcy poised to grow. American planned to expand domestically and internationally, adding service on nearly 115 new routes. To support its plan, American recently made the largest aircraft order in industry history."

"A revitalized American is fully capable of emerging from bankruptcy proceedings on its own with a competitive cost structure, profitable existing business, and plans for growth."

What total delusional BULLCHIT!!!!

GOOD JOB VOTING DEMONRAT, you 100,000 unionized employees at American and US Airways! Is this the hope and change you were looking for?

Exhibit #427 that this administration is willfully and purposefully attempting to destroy the American economy.

"Passengers to and from the Washington, D.C. area
are likely to be particularly hurt"
Whoomp, there it is! We can't have OUR chosen elites suffer!
- 4 of 10 of the richest counties in the USA? District of Calamity parasitical leeches.
- Increasing home prices? Only near DC over the medium term.
- Increasing annual income? DC, baby! You other proles can eat cake.

Will Horton have to give up his $20 million????

I think anyone flying for AA or US right now who voted for Obama a second time should be kicking themselves.

Change kicking to sterilizing and I would agree.

You know, like the Democrats actually did to many thousands of Americans in the 1930's. Against their will.

"Consumers will likely also be harmed by the planned merger because
American had a standalone plan to emerge from bankruptcy poised to grow. American planned to expand domestically and internationally, adding service on nearly 115 new routes. To support its plan, American recently made the largest aircraft order in industry history."

"A revitalized American is fully capable of emerging from bankruptcy proceedings on its own with a competitive cost structure, profitable existing business, and plans for growth."

What total delusional BULLCHIT!!!!

GOOD JOB VOTING DEMONRAT, you 100,000 unionized employees at American and US Airways! Is this the hope and change you were looking for?

Exhibit #427 that this administration is willfully and purposefully attempting to destroy the American economy.

"Passengers to and from the Washington, D.C. area
are likely to be particularly hurt"
Whoomp, there it is! We can't have OUR chosen elites suffer!
- 4 of 10 of the richest counties in the USA? District of Calamity parasitical leeches.
- Increasing home prices? Only near DC over the medium term.
- Increasing annual income? DC, baby! You other proles can eat cake.

I don't think politics has a much to do with this as you think (and I a registered R) statements like this are what doomed them:

US Airways has cheered the
se
successive mergers, with its
CEO stating in 2011 that ?fewer airlines? is a ?good thing.?
US
Airways?
President explained
this
thinking
that same year
:
?
Three successful fare increases
?
[we are] able to pass along to
customers
because of consolidation
.? (emphasis added).
Similarly,
he boasted at a 2012 industry
conference: ?Consolidation has also . . . allowed the industry to do thi
ngs like ancillary revenues
[e.g
checked bag and ticket change fees]
. . . . That is a structural permanent change to the
industry and one that?s impossible to overstate the benefit from it.?

Latest resources

Back