• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot Pool and Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe 90 in the last year? Don't quote me though. I could be way off. I believe we are in the process of hiring 40 or 50 announced on the last permanent bid.

I was told directly by the VP of flight ops 300 new hires for 2013. That you can quote me on. :)

I was told the 300 number as well, they also said it will probably be that way for the foreseeable future.

Just looked at the pay scale....would love to work there...but I'd be in bankruptcy after year 3.... A legacy airline with a regional pay scale.

Sounds way too high. I thought the VP of flight ops told me that 150 of the 300 would be due to the new rest rules.

A volunteer on the merger committee told me this two weeks ago on the bus. He said it was from a conversation with man power planning.

I'm banking on 300 and anything more is gravy.

2013 will see US Air get 5 a330s and 40 a330 Captain retirements. Not to mention it is becoming increasingly hard to staff under 60 pilots on the 330—this may lead to artificial staffing or artificially lower age based staffing.

Last edited:
My status said "Under Review" for months now it says "Position Filled", anyone else see this? Just changed yesterday and the job is still posted on website.

Latest resources

Back