• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot Pool and Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you get hired as a flight crew training instructor do you get to fly and can you get a seniority number for line flying?

Flight Crew Training Instructors (FCTIs) are represented by the Transport Workers Union (TMU) and are not on the US Airways System Seniority list.

In fact, most FCTIs are not pilots, their backgrounds are military as Flight Engineers. Some do have their ratings and worked in GA. We also have some that are retired US Airways Check Airmen.

It's a great job for a person that lives in CLT and still wants to work after age 65.

The only way to get a US Airways seniority number at the moment is to meet all the qualifications and complete the interview process.

After I got Furloughed from United in March of 2002, I bit the bullet and took a position as a ramper for AWA in Late 2002. I then was lucky to get a job as a 757 ground school instructor in the summer of 2003 with the intent to get a Pilot interview ASAP. The requirement back before the merger was a 2 year commitment as a ground school instructor before being eligible to interview. I'd imagine that's still the case?

Latest resources

Back