US Airways Pilot App

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
short call reserve is awesome, haven't flown in over a month

this should end about now (although JAN/FEB is always slow for reserves) as the guys who bid off the 190 start training this week for the 737 and AB guys start soon also.

As a long call for most of 2010 (AUG/NOV/DEC held a secondary) I flew just over 700 hours. Maybe 1 or 2 days a month on long call that they did not use me in 2010.

Just after I posted my last message the postman showed up with a recall letter for Airways. Looks like a Group II recall class will start in late Feb. They also mentioned an ERJ class around that time which could possibly be a combination of recalls and new hires.

Just after I posted my last message the postman showed up with a recall letter for Airways. Looks like a Group II recall class will start in late Feb. They also mentioned an ERJ class around that time which could possibly be a combination of recalls and new hires.

congrats on the recall! welcome back to the big happy family :smash:

Must have been a very short window. With so many pilots looking for work, they probably got enough applications on the first day.

Did the application for new hires ever open?

I heard a rumor it opened and closed but don't believe it did.

Thanks

I don't think it has opened. We were told current pilots would be receiving an email when the window opens. I haven't seen that email.

The 350s won't be here till 2017. 8 more 330s by 2012 for growth, plus 25 or so 320 family to replace the 737s.

And to clarify the recall situation: everyone east and west have been offered recall. The last two classes had west pilots accepting east PHL 190 positions. All new hires will be going to PHL 190.

I fail to understand how a company can call itself USAirways...and drive all that foreign crap!!

Boing hardly builds anything at all either, they just draw up all the technicalities on some big 'ole puter and have the Japs make the wing and so on.

My Amurikkkan Dodge truck (2000) is mostly made in Canadia.

Try buying an American flag that is actually made in America! Not easy to do.

If it makes you feel any better, the Chi coms are being undercut by Vietnam and many other nations due to an even cheaper work force. They are now attempting to force their peasantry to move back into the hinterlands; this after "encouraging" them to relocate to the urban manufacturing centers.

Summary: Things are rough all ova!

Latest resources

Back