• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Interview Lead Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a question , I have an interview coming up. I can't start class until September do to prior commitments. On my American delta and united apps I put this down. On the usair app I applied in may of 2013 when things were different. I know usair does not call you until they have class date for you if you are successful. With an interview in early June, 2-4 weeks notice and 3-4 weeks for a class date that puts me in Late July or early August. I have to worry about getting the job first but is usair ever accommodating in delaying your class date by a month or so for prior commitments? I also know the merger may complicate things. If they are not accommodating I'll just have to make it work but knowing ahead of time would help:

I was 2.5 weeks from interview to an invite. From invite to class was exactly 3 weeks. I start June 3. As for deferring to a later class, my understanding is that you can defer to a later class one time. That is not official though. I just heard it from others who claim it is true.

My intent is not to do that as I know seniority is everything but I just want to know if the option is there if needed without jeopardizing anything thanks

One of the very first questions I when I interviewed, was "Do you have any commitments that would require us to delay your class date?". I answered with an honest "no". If at all possible, I would not put anything in front of the job. Be wise in what you choose to jeopardize a multi million dollar job over. Truthfully, I have no idea if this is a deal breaker, but I tend to error on the side of caution. All in all, I just don't think it's wise to interview for a job, immediately asking for time off or coming across as needy or high maintenance.

Yeah I'm working on it this all happened so suddenly it's just taking a bit to analyze it and make the necessary adjustments.

Yeah I'm working on it this all happened so suddenly it's just taking a bit to analyze it and make the necessary adjustments.

I thought you worked for Endeavor? Why don't you just wait for ssp? Also, do you guys have to apply to Delta? I thought it was just automatic (ssp). It looks like your plan worked though, you never had to go LCC.

Would join USAirways at this time be a little too risky considering the future merge of the seniority lists and possible adjustments?

Would join USAirways at this time be a little too risky considering the future merge of the seniority lists and possible adjustments?

Yeah, wait about 10 years until hiring starts to slow then get on. Yep the end of the hiring cycle, that's the sweet spot, right where you want to be.

Latest resources

Back