• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: 1900

Tim47SIP said:
OK I'll bite,

They drew the line at 70 seaters, not 75 seat jets. They are merely trying to protect their profession.

So exactly how is allowing contract carriers to fly up to 70 seats but not the WO's? That looks like pure and simple "We are in charge, and you get what we give you" bullying tactics to me!. Personally, I think mainline U screwed the pooch AGAIN on this one. They have an agenda, and if things around them dont conform, they will just stick their heads in the sand untill it goes away. YeP! they shure showed the company who was boss on this one!:rolleyes:

This is BS. This was an obvious ploy by management to change the U PWA. I believe Mesa is getting a permitted type (ie. a true 70 seater). U management wanted to take seats out of bigger planes and fly them at companies with lower rates.

My understanding is that U management is honoring the contract by changing their order. In turn they are "punishing" the W/O and mainline pilots by giving aircraft (they could have given to the W/O's) to mesa.

Another brilliant ploy to whipsaw the mainline and W/O pilots. And you guys are playing right into it. Real nice.

NYR

Wondering at what point regional guys will support mainline guys trying to get management to honor their contracts?

Tim47SIP said:
OK I'll bite,

They drew the line at 70 seaters, not 75 seat jets. They are merely trying to protect their profession.

So exactly how is allowing contract carriers to fly up to 70 seats but not the WO's? That looks like pure and simple "We are in charge, and you get what we give you" bullying tactics to me!. Personally, I think mainline U screwed the pooch AGAIN on this one. They have an agenda, and if things around them dont conform, they will just stick their heads in the sand untill it goes away. YeP! they shure showed the company who was boss on this one!:rolleyes:

From the press release above........

US Airways had originally ordered 75-seat planes from Bombardier, but the carrier has revised its order to get 70-seat aircraft, the Bombardier spokesman said.

I can't believe how many here blame the U pilots and not management.

Tim47SIP said:

Personally, I think mainline U screwed the pooch AGAIN on this one.

From what I've heard, the Mesa pilots agree. They are as confused why UALPA would want to give up this flying too.

Just when you think ALPA is gonna' figure out that mainline needs to take ownership of some of these bigger RJ's (or EMR's, as the case may be) and their payscales for the good of all pilots, they give it up, further enforcing the idea that there are 2 different tiers of pilots, and they should be compensated differently.

In the end, this is creating jobs for the newhires at the regional level while eliminating jobs for furloughed mainliners. This kind of thing is exactly what ALPA is supposed to prevent from happening. Since when have ALPA members out of work been less worthy of new opportunites then unidentified future ALPA members?

-Boo!

Last edited:
blzr said:
Someone please tell me how it is against the scope for a Regional to fly those 70 seat RJ's, and not against the scope for Mesa to fly them? What a crock of Sh1t.

Anyone know Duane Worthless' emil address?

From the above press release............

US Airways had originally ordered 75-seat planes from Bombardier, but the carrier has revised its order to get 70-seat aircraft, the Bombardier spokesman said.

You guys are so conditioned to attack U mainline PILOTS that you don't read the press releases.

Some of you regional guys say this **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** and then wonder why there is animosity between groups.

Boo - right on!

I've got a full application package into Mesa including the $50 check. I'll take any flying job with them tomorrow and give up my instructing job to any furloughed Airways mainline pilot who wants it.

Unions have a time and a place to stand firm. But any move by labor to prevent economically prudent competitiveness by their employer is shortsighted. In the end the free economy will prevail. Those that want to be a part of it will have to adjust. Those whom fight it will lose. If I were a mainline Airways employee I'd gladly welcome RJ's onto the property. Sure the pay will be less and it should be. But it's a temporary concession. In a couple of years we'll all be moving up.

hire_me said:
Boo - right on!

I've got a full application package into Mesa including the $50 check. I'll take any flying job with them tomorrow and give up my instructing job to any furloughed Airways mainline pilot who wants it.

Unions have a time and a place to stand firm. But any move by labor to prevent economically prudent competitiveness by their employer is shortsighted. In the end the free economy will prevail. Those that want to be a part of it will have to adjust. Those whom fight it will lose. If I were a mainline Airways employee I'd gladly welcome RJ's onto the property. Sure the pay will be less and it should be. But it's a temporary concession. In a couple of years we'll all be moving up.

You should save your post and look at it in 5 years.

This kind of mentality has to stop. This profession can be upheld. Although it looks like the demise will come from PILOTS not management.

NYR

PS. Your statement about "welcoming rj's to the mainline" shows that you are not familiar with the situation.

The furloughed mainline guys at U that are going to Mid Atlantic will never see a Boeing again. The earliest they will see mainline is 2007, maybe. That's about where U is planning to buy ERJ190s to replace them, most likely at lower pay rates. Not much to look forward to there........

hire_me said:
Boo - right on!

Hay hire me, I got a new airline I am starting up, send me $50.00 and I will look at your application.

Another Low Timer Needs Educating

Well,

That's it guys...we are screwed, how can we stop this
mentality? Pa-44 Hire_Me WTFO? Don't you understand that unless we all STOP saying

I'll suffer for now, until I get ....."MY BIG JOB, FLYING BIG IRON"

Pilots saying things that you have said are sending a very clear picture to management! Every time one of us has said, Sure, I'll buy my job, or, Sure I'l pay for time, or ever said, yes, I'll do it for less. We send a very clear picture to management, and they have heard you loud and clear.

Look Hire_me, I apologize, but you and all your cohorts (and me and all MY cohorts) have to start realizing that what we do AFFECTS us all! We don't live in a vaccumn (spelling?) You can talk macro and micro economics and market forces affecting economies of scale ad nauseum infinitummmmmmm but DUDE!!!!!!!!!

What you do!

Your skill...

your dedication,

YOUR PASSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS

WORTH

MORE

THAN

YOU

THINK

Don't sell out for less.

I didn't.

(lot of good my principles did me! I'm still looking down the
mean end of a furlough, because not enough pilots felt like I do.)

Good Luck Bruddah!

PS-

You know what....I can't post on this subject anymore, can someone else hop on this education bandwagon that's more articulate than I am?? All I did just now was just piss a bunch of people off probably.

out

Right on, FlyingFarmer

I agree with you.
Stop the excuses.
1. Its only for a few years till the majors call me
2. I have a family to feed
3. But this way our airline can grow
4. If we don't vote for this someone else gets OUR flying

And my personal favorite:

5. But I just love to fly! I would do anything to fly!

When we stop using these, we can work on getting pay increased

Latest resources

Back