US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you even update an old app? All I could do is update my resume

You don't you start a new app. The more apps you have the better. Think of it as having more bingo cards or lottery tickets pet game. More chances to get a hit from the Hal Hr.

Is it closed already? I'm getting a "no jobs found" message in the Flight Operations section of the careers page.

I never really saw a problem with the application process itself. I filled out so many of them I got pretty good at it. I always carried with me a brief synopsis or grid of my current flight times, by type. When the window opened, and I was on a trip- I could knock it out in 30 minutes. It took about 4 apps for me before I got the call.

Finally started training and it's a great program. Hiring isn't expected to slow at all, and in fact, the classes are getting bigger. We're looking at hiring another 300 plus for next year.

Class breakdown for us was as follows:
6 Airbus PHL
3 Airbus DCA
3 E190 PHL

The E190 actually went senior in our class- you can hold a line on it within two to three months.

There were also 6 pilots in class that were coming back from extended leave. They are a mix of east and west pilots- and yes, they're getting along fine.

Everyone in class, with the exception of 1 pilot, came from an airline. Even the 5 military pilots in class got out and went to a regional airline for a few months/years. Everyone had PIC time except for 2 folks.

If you're interested in coming here, I wish you the best of luck. I'm enjoying it so far and truly feel the training is top notch. It's nice to be a part of a professional outfit and away from the regional game!

I never really saw a problem with the application process itself. I filled out so many of them I got pretty good at it. I always carried with me a brief synopsis or grid of my current flight times, by type. When the window opened, and I was on a trip- I could knock it out in 30 minutes. It took about 4 apps for me before I got the call.

Finally started training and it's a great program. Hiring isn't expected to slow at all, and in fact, the classes are getting bigger. We're looking at hiring another 300 plus for next year.

Class breakdown for us was as follows:
6 Airbus PHL
3 Airbus DCA
3 E190 PHL

The E190 actually went senior in our class- you can hold a line on it within two to three months.

There were also 6 pilots in class that were coming back from extended leave. They are a mix of east and west pilots- and yes, they're getting along fine.

Everyone in class, with the exception of 1 pilot, came from an airline. Even the 5 military pilots in class got out and went to a regional airline for a few months/years. Everyone had PIC time except for 2 folks.

If you're interested in coming here, I wish you the best of luck. I'm enjoying it so far and truly feel the training is top notch. It's nice to be a part of a professional outfit and away from the regional game!

was this the class on the 16th? I heard it had like 20 new hires in it?

Latest resources

Back