• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My wife got a call last week for an interview on Wed 8/14. TT 3,100 TPIC 2,000 (mostly single engine). Background is a KC-130 pilot in the USMC and a T-34 instructor and a 737 type rating. Hope that helps. Hopefully a short time until she's in class. Best of luck to everyone.

LCA on our jumpseat just told me CLT Training Center gearing up for 150 more new hires before the end of the year.

US Airways New Hires

Are folks still showing up for newhire class even thought the merger is being put in doubt?

Yes, we just issued E190 Type ratings to new hires this morning while interviews were going on down the hall.

It may be too early to tell long term but 18 month upgrades provide lots of motivation...

Yes, we just issued E190 Type ratings to new hires this morning while interviews were going on down the hall.

It may be too early to tell long term but 18 month upgrades provide lots of motivation...

If I had a five dollar bill for every time I had a pilot tell me about promises for a <2year upgrade that didn't pan out, I wouldn't have to work anymore! :D

But I'm glad folks are still showing up for classes, for now.

If I had a five dollar bill for every time I had a pilot tell me about promises for a <2year upgrade that didn't pan out, I wouldn't have to work anymore! :D

The DOJ ruling may be considered good news for new hires. If the merger eventually closes than DOJ has effectively extended the furlough protect window, profit sharing and number of e190 upgrades.

DOJ may not be so much a problem for new hires as it may be their opportunity.

Besides, Airways is a great place to work... Certainly better than the regionals.

I can understand your skepticism but one just finished his training yesterday and more just started training.

It's happening for sure. How long it will last is another thing!

I can understand your skepticism but one just finished his training yesterday and more just started training.

It's happening for sure. How long it will last is another thing!

How much are they paying these upgrades and how long would that same upgrade take at an airline with a higher pay scale?

How much are they paying these upgrades and how long would that same upgrade take at an airline with a higher pay scale?

Current payscale on the 190 would put them an 82/hr. If the merger goes through, they are protected at 105/hr since Feburary (115/hr in January)... 115 second year isn't too shabby... How does that compare to the other majors?

Latest resources

Back