• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Bombardier Agree on Removal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it was a good thing that there was a "NO" to the 900's.
Parker needs to look behind him and see the line he crossed.

Just because he manages 4000 employees doesn't mean he should
get paid any more than a McDonalds manager.

"The days of getting paid more to fly a larger airplane are over" Thanks Doug, so does that mean you get to take a paycut since your now MISmanaging a larger carrier?

I still can't believe he's trying to get Delta. Is he trying to set the record for number of airlines he can destroy in the shortest period of time?

OK I'll bite:

After riding in all CRJ100,200,700,900 and the 170 I'd have to say from a pax stand point the 170 wins hands down. Better overheads and wider seats. Infact short of a first class seat (or a empty middle seat on a regular size jet)i'd rather ride in a 170. This has nothing to do with the fact that i fly the 170, I could care less, just my feeling observations. We have to piss alot of pax off alone in CLT everyday wrt to the CRJ700 and 900 ramp check. The whole jetway is jammed for 30 minutes while people wait for their bags.

We have to piss alot of pax off alone in CLT everyday wrt to the CRJ700 and 900 ramp check. The whole jetway is jammed for 30 minutes while people wait for their bags.

The 700 is a fantastic airplane....Having to "Check" your carry on is great. Less people trying to overstuff the bins. Plus the airplanes load and unload quicker. Yes they have to wait for a couple of minutes for the bags but big deal. The only downfall to the 700's is that we have to park at E16. It would have been nice to have the 29 700's come to PSA but it wasn't the pilots that killed the deal. It was the greedy management.

As for the 900....that's Mesa, you get what you pay for.

The 700 is a fantastic airplane....Having to "Check" your carry on is great. Less people trying to overstuff the bins. Plus the airplanes load and unload quicker. Yes they have to wait for a couple of minutes for the bags but big deal. The only downfall to the 700's is that we have to park at E16.

Let me guess. You are one of those guys who bids to fly only on the -700 because it makes you feel important right? Look, from a pilot standpoint the -700 is a good airplane when compared to other regional jets. However, unless you are 5'4" or shorter the aircraft is terrible as a passenger. There is no leg room, the seats are hard, and due to crappy construction the person sitting in front of you ends up leaned back into your lap even if they never hit the recline button.

Boarding may be somewhat faster with no large carry-ons, but all it takes is one pax arguing about plane side checking a bag ("I took it on the last flight") and that is all thrown out the window. Deplaning is NOT any faster unless you have no carry-on bags because you have to wait longer for the ramp to get your bags off than it would take you to take them out of the overhead. Oh, and it is a big deal waiting for those bags when: A. you have a tight connection or, B: the yellow tag didn't get put on your bag (~ every other flight this happens).

As a passenger, the E170 is excellent and I would take it anyday over a -700.

Skeezer

Latest resources

Back