Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WSurf

The Smack Down!
~set a precedent~ to establish a pattern; to set a policy that must be followed in future cases.

Wow! If US Airways aquires American this could be one crazy pilot list!! I forgot how the TWA folks were merged into American's list. But I think they got hosed.

~set a precedent~ to establish a pattern; to set a policy that must be followed in future cases.

Wow! If US Airways aquires American this could be one crazy pilot list!! I forgot how the TWA folks were merged into American's list. But I think they got hosed.

It's going to be straight DOH. The TWA pilots wanted and deserved DOH. This merger is going to happen and it will be DOH. PHX is going to be flushed to Republic and they can enjoy their relative seniority integration wtih another regional which is all AWA ever was a regional!

It's going to be straight DOH. The TWA pilots wanted and deserved DOH. This merger is going to happen and it will be DOH. PHX is going to be flushed to Republic and they can enjoy their relative seniority integration wtih another regional which is all AWA ever was a regional!

Ha! Said with the confidence born of arrogance. You know nothing my friend.

It will come down to which subset of pilots has numerical superiority. Don't you learn anything from the history you created. Pay back is a beyatchhhhhh!!!!

I dont buy it.

AA might be desperate for market share now that Delta and UA have spent the last few years reorganizing but LCC is a mess that is not easily fixed. Hell bancruptcy is an easier fix than finding that fat girl LCC a dance partner.

DOH could never be the merger protocol for a US AA merger. The AA merger with TWA wasnt DOH so any merged list can't take a current TWA pilot and make him senior to AA pilots he is currently junior to. There would be thousands of lawsuits.

I forgot how the TWA folks were merged into American's list. But I think they got hosed.
Yes, we got hosed because the APA made a cynical show of "negotiating" with us then crammed-down the list of their making. The Bond-McKaskill law was supposed to fix that problem by forcing binding arbitration but as the AirTran pilots know too well a wily CEO can easily get around that.

This isn't rocket surgery. Barring a mutually agreed-to list the only fair way to integrate is through binding arbitration. Pilots with integrity will abide even if they don't like what the arbitrators decide.

Yes, we got hosed because the APA made a cynical show of "negotiating" with us then crammed-down the list of their making. The Bond-McKaskill law was supposed to fix that problem by forcing binding arbitration but as the AirTran pilots know too well a wily CEO can easily get around that.

This isn't rocket surgery. Barring a mutually agreed-to list the only fair way to integrate is through binding arbitration. Pilots with integrity will abide even if they don't like what the arbitrators decide.

Pilots with integrity...sigh...

You won't find one pilot at Us Air east with an ounce of integrity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems like the easiest way to work out seniority integration (easy is a bit of a stretch) would be to take out one step. Split US/AW as they started, then find partners for each of the two. Plus, Doug could get bonuses on both mergers!

Latest resources

Back