US Airways ALPA Webboard Atrocity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

reepicheep

The MEC just voted to create a "new" ALPA webboard exclusively for "active" (i.e. not furloughed) pilots. This is in addition to the existing webboard which was deemed to be populated by too many contentious furloughed pilots.

I'm curious if any other ALPA carriers have taken this unusual step of attempting to silence the voice of their furloughed brother and sister pilots. I'd appreciate the views of furloughed pilots from other carriers.

DAL furloughees currently have access to DALPA site. Will be interesting to see if DALPA follows USAir ALPA move.

not ALPA, but just for your info

Furloughees at American Airlines still have full access to the APA website. APA added a message board that only furloughed pilots can access. But furloughees can also access and contribute to the main message board for what it's worth.

UAL furloughees have the same priviliges they had before the furlough - just can't vote.

Nothing wrong with ALPA. It's your chump MEC.

They actually floated the idea of banning the furloughees and retirees from the webboard a few months ago. That brought out a very big backlash from many people. By creating an "active pilot" webboard, they have basically done the same thing. This time though, they haven't "banned" anyone. It's sort of a more politally correct way to keep us out.

I for one, am hoping that most of the active pilots can see through this line of crap and continue to post on the original webboard.

"F" the USAirways union. They waste a large amount of money with limited and accountability. It doesn't suprise me at all that they are limiting access to the website. I'm quite sure it has financial ramifacations.

Latest resources

Back