Ups....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gmccrj7

Any rumors on UPS? Just wondering if they plan to hire in the future? I know the have some furlough still out there, when are they expected to be recalled?

Sorry.....

These assclowns were gonna hire 160 if some of the USPS was awarded to UPS, but because they have tightened the belts so much they can't even grow the airline and hence lost all of it to FedEx. The IPA and UPS signed a "progress agreement" which mean they are meeting 2 weeks out of every month for the rest of 2013 to hash out a new contract. Don't ask me why because it makes no sense and no one has been able to give me a good reason other then to bring the hostages back. Don't look for UPS to hire anytime soon because you just can't spell StUPid without UPS. Sorry.....wish I had better news for you, but it's pointless to try to figure this place out when the people in charge of manning and power are using twisted darts to throw at the board. One bid they'll have a few FO's added to a domicile and the next bid they'll take half of them and put them somewhere else. Idiots....

If I were starting over I'd be at one of the big three legacies. Good luck.

Sorry.....

These assclowns were gonna hire 160 if some of the USPS was awarded to UPS, but because they have tightened the belts so much they can't even grow the airline and hence lost all of it to FedEx. The IPA and UPS signed a "progress agreement" which mean they are meeting 2 weeks out of every month for the rest of 2013 to hash out a new contract. Don't ask me why because it makes no sense and no one has been able to give me a good reason other then to bring the hostages back. Don't look for UPS to hire anytime soon because you just can't spell StUPid without UPS. Sorry.....wish I had better news for you, but it's pointless to try to figure this place out when the people in charge of manning and power are using twisted darts to throw at the board. One bid they'll have a few FO's added to a domicile and the next bid they'll take half of them and put them somewhere else. Idiots....

If I were starting over I'd be at one of the big three legacies. Good luck.

Your description on the left says looking good in brown.

Hate to say it, but I would look elsewhere for employment. UPS is not looking to grow the airline and more likely, contract it. I would say no hiring for years.

Your description on the left says looking good in brown.

What's you're point? Yes I fly for UPS. Yes I work for the devil and these assclowns have no idea how to man an airline......eeerrr.... sorry.... a trucking company that owns airplanes. and yes I do look good in brown. :0) Your point again? I was just answering the question about UPS and hiring. It doesn't look good because nobody seems to know what the heck they are doing at big brown. Nobody wants to stick their neck out and make a mistake, so hiring looks to be on hold indefinitely.

I have the option of going back to Delta, but with the seniority that I have, the schedules I can hold and the money I am making...... going back to Delta is not an option. I wish it was, but I'd lose way too much. I've sat up front and talked to about 20 Delta crews when traveling around and questioned them about everything and not one single North or South guy tells me that going back is a better option after they hear about my schedules and the money I'm making. But I got lucky (for once) to be just on the right side of the bubble instead of the wrong side and I can hold decent schedules and fly a fraction of what I would be at Delta. Don't get me wrong.... there's good and bad about every company out there and if I had to start over then I'd go to Delta. Clear?

Net

Latest resources

Back