UPS quals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pdub20s

I was wondering if UPS hires w/o the 4 yr. I've heard of cases when folks get hired at majors w/o them.

Also..

If you use to work at UPS( ie. on the ramp, in the warehouse, etc, etc) is that a huge plus?

Is it all about who you know to get in??

I was wondering if UPS hires w/o the 4 yr. I've heard of cases when folks get hired at majors w/o them.

Also..

If you use to work at UPS( ie. on the ramp, in the warehouse, etc, etc) is that a huge plus?

Is it all about who you know to get in??

Yes, UPS has hired pilots without 4 yr degrees but it is VERY rare and more so in the past (15-20 yrs ago) than with the current crop of well qualified applicants.

Nowadays, all applicants are screen first by a cold, insensitive computer program instead of a cold insensitive human being with an attitude in the HR dept. One of the required check marks in order to be moved through the system successfully is a 4 yr degree. That's just the way it is now. Without it and the computer will simply bypass your application. Currently, UPS is not hiring due to the age 65 rule and downsizing of the 3-person aircraft. I don't see any hiring until 2009 at the earliest and probably much later.

Working in the sort or ramp throwing boxes may or may not help depending on if your supervisor(s) liked you or not. There are no guarantees.

Latest resources

Back