UPS pay....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

de727ups

Goldentrout, your numbers are a little high. I am the 12th year F/O at UPS that you quote. I'm now at 127.30/hr...Capts pay is 190/hr...max. We get paid a minimum of 975 hours a year. That brings brings my pay to 124K a year. Then you can add retro, per diem, any sick leave left over, vacation days not used, and any training on days off, premium payments for certain reschedules, and international override. I like to leave the A and B funds out of it since I won't see that for 20 years.

Not to be disagree with some of your points...just wanted to get the numbers straight. I think the common pay rate in the seat works well at UPS. It keeps training costs down, as you say, people don't feel the need to keep bidding up to increase their salary. If you want to fly overseas you bid the international domicle or the 747....if you want to fly short trips domestic, you bid the 727. It all pays the same. The 727 is the senior airplane at UPS, too bad they are starting to park some of them and displace crews to the other fleets.

sorry

I was trying to add this to the scope, RJ's, and unions thread...not sure what happened....my bad.

Are you a twelve year F/O because you like your schedule/airframe/domicile or is that how long it takes to upgrade right now at Big Brown? Just curious and trying to keep my ear to the ground. -(the original) Bluto out!

Last edited:
Upgrade

I'm basically lazy and like the lifestyle that high seniority provides...don't need the extra money.

Latest resources

Back