• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS in laptop fixing business?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you know that UPS has a warehouse in Louisville where they fix laptops for Toshiba? Apparently, Toshiba outsources their tech support to UPS and all of the refurbs and warranty items go there for overhaul via UPS packaging. Once overhauled, they are back out through the sort in Louisville.

brilliant!!!

and on top of that, they have the largest Bentley parts stock in the world...ready to be shipped via...you guessed it, UPS...now that's diversification

Its called Supply chain solutions. It is a Xmillion square foot facility about a mile or two from the airport. They have many other companies they work with to speed the process. I wanna say Nike.com is one as well....

Jesus U-I, you know that girl? She looks like Britney Spears' hot cousin Busty St. Claire...

manufacturers simply ship camera components to UPS and UPS packages them in their warehouses

You make it sound so complex....UPS picks the components up at the factory and BRINGS them to their warehouses....Manufacturer out of loop....

U-I pilot said:
You make it sound so complex....UPS picks the components up at the factory and BRINGS them to their warehouses....Manufacturer out of loop....

i think it's a very smart business decision that allows them to diversify

does FedEx do anything similar?

Vladimir Lenin said:
Did you know that UPS has a warehouse in Louisville where they fix laptops for Toshiba? Apparently, Toshiba outsources their tech support to UPS and all of the refurbs and warranty items go there for overhaul via UPS packaging. Once overhauled, they are back out through the sort in Louisville.

brilliant!!!

and on top of that, they have the largest Bentley parts stock in the world...ready to be shipped via...you guessed it, UPS...now that's diversification
Looks like Vladimir has been reading “The New Yorker.”

April 18th issue…page 160.

RB

It took 3 months to get my laptop back from them, and now a month later it doesn't work right again......

Latest resources

Back