UPS DC8 emergency???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AV80R

I just heard a UPS DC8 had an emergency in PHL – either an engine fire or maybe cargo fire? Not sure, I wasn’t able to hear the whole story. Praying for the safety of the entire crew! av80r :(

Man, I flew that plane and route not too long ago. Cargo fire is, in my opinion, is the worst case senerio. Sounds like they did a great job. Little bit of speed tape and she'll be ready to go.

EMBPILOT1 said:
Little bit of speed tape and she'll be ready to go.

I hope that's sarcasm man, she looked totalled to me. Good job by the crew, glad nobody got hurt.

Amazing job getting that plane back on the ground! I saw the video footage on the news, from a distance, at least half the plane was engulfed on flames.

saw the news coverage on CNN Headlines. Video was at night and could not tell what type. But she was on fire. CNN said it came out of ATL had a problem.

Great job gentleman!

Job well done!

I have not seen the footage but it sounds like it was quite a sight.

Kudos to the crew and a job very well done!!

Let me beat SW/FO to the punch and say that "those guys are 'heros,' but Southwest would have done it better." :)

In all seriousness, great job!

I saw the a/c today....pure heros' those guys.

If it had been a SWA airplane, some folks would have called us names. They would claim its in our "culture" and we are just cowboys. They would have all the answers like they claim to have about MDW.

The UPS crew did a fine job. This bud's for them! :beer:

Latest resources

Back