Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

7dustfan

Gnarly!!!!
Are Pilots getting hired at UPS without a four year degree? Anyone have info on it? Thanks!

From what I have seen it's very rare. You'd need a lot of flight experience or shuttle landings for them to overlook this one. A basket weaving degree isn't that hard to get.

GB

Not likely at all, although it has happened. Supposedly UPS has not been happy with some of the newhires from the ACMIs. No flying issues just other non-flying related employee stuff. Also, supposedly the leadership in the MD-11 training dept are pushing hard towards hiring military tanker and transport guys--they all obviously have at least a bachelors and most have masters. A friend of mine who is a mgt pilot (I knew hime before we were both at UPS) has told me this. I have no opinion on the matter just relaying what was told to me.

Thanks for the information. 30 more credits to go I guess.

Thanks for the information. 30 more credits to go I guess.

I am in the same boat, break out the oars, it is going to take me forever to finish this thing up, unless I can get some college kid to do all the work for me, I may never do it.
oh well....

Guy I know got hired in 2000 w/o degree.... All his friends where laughing in his face "why the heck would you go to UPS! come with us to United!"

Guess who is laughing now being a senior MD11 guy over there...

I am in the same boat, break out the oars, it is going to take me forever to finish this thing up, unless I can get some college kid to do all the work for me, I may never do it.
oh well....

It can be done! I'm doing it right now with a newborn at home. It's tough, but some things just have to happen.

Guy I know got hired in 2000 w/o degree.... All his friends where laughing in his face "why the heck would you go to UPS! come with us to United!"

Guess who is laughing now being a senior MD11 guy over there...

That was then and today is now. I wouldn't hold your breath.

I know of guys that have gone to UPS with a 2 year deg.

Latest resources

Back