Upgrade or NetJets??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyjen30

Anybody know how long it takes at the moment to go from sending in your resume to gettting the job at NetJets??
Would any of you skip a chance for upgrade at a regional to take a job at NetJets??
Tough decision, but commuting non-rev is a BEAR!

Thanks for any info!

PS- Still need to get ATP Cert. only have written.

Why not just take the upgrade and then apply? This will get you the ATP, and give you a chance to try the CA seat out.

Anybody know how long it takes at the moment to go from sending in your resume to gettting the job at NetJets??
Would any of you skip a chance for upgrade at a regional to take a job at NetJets??

Thanks for any info!

From talking to the other guys I was hired with, the timeline is largely domicile dependent. In my indoc class, the guys hired into CMH and TEB and to a lesser extent LAX had a considerably shorter timeline from resume to class date than the guys that wanted PBI or DAL.

As for me, I was hired into CMH and it was just under 6 months from having my resume walked in to when I finally started indoc. That was with several letters of rec and someone walking my stuff in, so I'm sure your mileage will vary depending on how much or little help you have from the inside.

I'm still pretty new, but so far I really like it here. Good luck with whatever you decide. ;)

* As a side note, I'm pretty sure you'll need to have completed your ATP ride before they'd send you an application, so be sure to do that before you send a resume in.

Don't even waist your time requesting an app if you don't have the ATP ticket in hand.

You probably won't even get an app until all of the mins are met.

What is your goal - fracs or 121? If NJA is your goal, apply, get a class date, quit current job. If 121 is your goal, stay put and get the almighty PIC required at the airlines. If you are not sure, I recommend staying put. If you have the requirements met for ATP, get the ticket ASAP.

Thanks for any info!

These jobs are very, very different. Sounds like you still don't get that point. Netjets is seen as a viable career alternative to the low-cost carriers and even the majors. The pay/benefits is far better than what you find in the regionals. Check out www.netjets.com before you apply and look at the fleet types, etc. This is not a dinky operation.

I have friends who are there and they love it and they would never return to the regionals or even consider the low-cost carriers.

Good luck.

BTW you have to have 2500hrs too.

ATP and 2500hrs. Period.

Latest resources

Back