• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Until Then...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You brought this proud Navy parent to tears...excellent post...and a great change of pace for this board :)

You want to honor the men and women in uniform, bring them home. The war is BS. We invaded the wrong country. You all see a bunch of sappy pictures and then we are all about God Bless America. We invaded the wrong country and in the end over 2000 guys and gals will have died for nothing because we have a simpleton as our president who did not know what he wa getting into before he started his macho BS.
I wonder how many of you still think Iraq had something to do with 9/11. None of the 9/11 hijackers were Iraqi's you saps.
I spent 9 years of my life as an enlisted puke in the Air Force working with Army, Navy and Marines. They don't deserve what is happening to them in Iraq. Showing some sappy pictures may make you feel good, but you are not in harms way and I bet non of your immediate relatives are either. The president likes to say we are at war. Hell, what exactly are we sacrificing in this so called war. We still have our three squares, we go about our business. We don't have to worry about RPG's Meanwhile, military families are scrimping buy with their loved ones in harms way. The last congress further eroded their military benefits that is why support for in-curious George has fallen among the troops. They are finally wising up. Wake up you saps, it is going to get a lot tougher going forward. You will know what being at war really feels like. Iran is not going to lay down like Iraq did. Do we as a nation have the balls to do what it takes to prevent Iran from going nuclear. Remember North Korea, yea we really stopped them in their tracks.

Peace.

oh ohhhhhh

netjetwife said:
I thought you'd choose a more positive name, though...:) If it's too much trouble, I'll just tell myself you're keeping it until all the frac families have received their just due.

For you my friend....remembering what we came through together--

HOLDING HANDS AND HANGING ON---it worked!

For the pilots and spouses standing up for their rights--

A RISING TIDE SHOULD LIFT ALL BOATS--PADDLING REQUIRED

Oh please, GAG me! Holding hands and hanging on, it worked. A rising tide in the septic tank will lift all terds.

Cut me some slack, will you?

www.obsessivecompulsivedisorder.com

Help for obsessive compulsive disorder is a mouse click away.

Captainzero1 said:
You want to honor the men and women in uniform, bring them home. The war is BS. We invaded the wrong country. You all see a bunch of sappy pictures and then we are all about God Bless America. We invaded the wrong country and in the end over 2000 guys and gals will have died for nothing because we have a simpleton as our president who did not know what he wa getting into before he started his macho BS.
I wonder how many of you still think Iraq had something to do with 9/11. None of the 9/11 hijackers were Iraqi's you saps.
I spent 9 years of my life as an enlisted puke in the Air Force working with Army, Navy and Marines. They don't deserve what is happening to them in Iraq. Showing some sappy pictures may make you feel good, but you are not in harms way and I bet non of your immediate relatives are either. The president likes to say we are at war. Hell, what exactly are we sacrificing in this so called war. We still have our three squares, we go about our business. We don't have to worry about RPG's Meanwhile, military families are scrimping buy with their loved ones in harms way. The last congress further eroded their military benefits that is why support for in-curious George has fallen among the troops. They are finally wising up. Wake up you saps, it is going to get a lot tougher going forward. You will know what being at war really feels like. Iran is not going to lay down like Iraq did. Do we as a nation have the balls to do what it takes to prevent Iran from going nuclear. Remember North Korea, yea we really stopped them in their tracks.

Peace.

I love it when people who have no clue as to what is really happening over there (including those on the news that have no security clearence) get on a soap box and talk about how wrong the war is. Captain, I wish I could go into specifics, but you are dead WRONG. Maybe the way we handled things was not the best way but the war is what it is.
Next, have no fear that we will ever have to do something to Iran. Our friends the Isrealis will bomb them back to the stone age WAY before we ever will get involved militarily. Just ask Iraq and Tunisia.
A lot of Iran's military is crap we gave them back in the early 70's. They have upgraded some and tried to get new stuff to work, but they haven't and won't for some time, partly because there economy is crap. Their biggest threat comes in the form of SSM's and mining the straits. Without going into any further detail, know what you talk about before you come on a public forum and rant where people who actually know other countries capabilities frequent.

Zero,

My husband was in the 10th Special Forces during Viet Nam. Our local National Guard Unit was deployed to Iraq last year and 3 of them were killed by a roadside bomb. One of those fine young men was my neighbor. Their unit is now home and I don't know ONE of them that would agree with you. So, I *do* know a few people who have been affected by war, and most currently THIS war.

Call me a sap or whatever you want, but I'll never dishonor our fine military and their families who make the supreme sacrifices that are needed to keep our great nation free. The video was touching and was intended as a tribute. Go ahead and spit on it and those of us that are touched by it...you have the freedom to do so because you live in the United States of America.

I still say "God Bless our military and their families" AS WELL as their Commander and Chief.

Geez, get your news and information from some other sources besides Katie Courec.

Sikntired

tailhook said:
This entire thread has nothing to do with Frac families and their success or failures, it has to do with the people who keep us free to sit here and complain on the other threads about how bad our lives are. The military men and Women and their Families are getting the credit in my mind. Their is a difference between getting a larger(or smaller in my case) paycheck and watching your freind die after seeing his chest explode! Please keep that in mind.

On a side note...thanks for the work on the contract, etc and hopefully providing the other fractionals a little more hope for a better outcome.

Take care all.

I certainly didn't mean any disrespect. I was saying hello to a friend who posted on the thread. Those who know me, know my husband is a retired F16 pilot with combat time in Iraq. My support of the troops is also well known. We have NJ pilots deployed in the war who followed the contract battle closely and thanked the pilots at home for fighting for their rights to fair wages. Not all battlefronts are overseas and our pilots there would be the first to applaud those who show courage in standing up to a company that acts like the enemy. As we have photos like those in the video in our own scrap book, I tend to be less emotional about them, I suppose. That does not mean I don't honor their service. I'm sure your lecture was well intended, but it isn't needed. Flying fighters during peace time is still dangerous, and we lost a number of friends. Everyone of them would support my husband in his service to his fellow pilots at NJA.

Texasskicker said:
Oh please, GAG me! Holding hands and hanging on, it worked. A rising tide in the septic tank will lift all terds.

Cut me some slack, will you?

www.obsessivecompulsivedisorder.com

Help for obsessive compulsive disorder is a mouse click away.

Sikntired is a fellow NJ wife. We gave each other moral support during the NJ contract battle. She understood my message even if you didn't. With such a low opinion of frac pilots, why are you even on this section of the board?

Everybody back off

CptZero certainly has the right to express his views, he has served so he has some insight into whats goes on.

My opinion is that we have been under attack by terrorist for years. Twin Towers (twice) USS Cole, just to name a couple.

This gig isn't like Viet Nam. If we cut and run on this one they will follow us back to the states.

What do you think we shoud have done as a result of 911 Zero?

Do you think Iraq is better off then they were 3 years ago?

Have you been to Iraq and seen whats going on?

Do you believe what you see on TV. Is that where your getting your opinion from?

Turning your back on the rest of the world is a good way to get stabbed.

Waiting for the terrorist to come to our soil again is not a very good plan.

Don't agree with you even a little Zero, but I respect that you served and certainly have a right to an opinion.

NJW and Flex*wife, you sure as hell are welcome here and have every right to express your opinion.

This right is something that Cptzero served 9 years of his life to preserve for you.

Take care, Semore

Semore, I believe Afganistan is where we should have concentrated our efforts after 9/11. That is where the true breeding ground for terrorist were, not Iraq but sadly it is now. So how much safer are we. Remember the saying one man's terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. Keep that in mind. The military option only takes us so far. For 19 young men to hate us so much that they were willing to fly airplanes into buildings to meet Allah is the question that we have to answer, not trying to bomb them into the stone age. Certainly their government does not help, most are despotic regimes who prey on their own people. We need to show them they can have paradise on earth without the 76 virgins. I don't have a magic pill I can give so they won't hate us. The alternative will take a generation or more but we can't keep invading country's or they might call my arse back to active duty after a while.

Spyguy, I had a TSSBI clearance when I was in the military. I know about what goes on. Certainly you know what that entailed.

Israel taking out Iran is probably what will happen. If that happens then what happens to Saudia Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Emirates, all the other oil pumping nations. They are not exactly pals of Israel and they may stick up for Iran by witholding oil to the west. Then what happens to our way of life, care to guess. In the end, UBL would have won.

By going into Iraq, we have screwed the pooch.

All good points Cpt, however,

I feel we have just accelerated the inevitable.

Best defense is a good offense.

You can't win a war with a strictly defensive posture.

(Add whatever or how ever many quotes you have as well)

There are so many pro's and cons..... But it is what it is, and I'm happier (if you can be in such a quagmire) that we are taking it to them now instead of reacting to their moves.

Politics kept us behind by 10 years when we stopped short of Bagdad in the Gulf war.

There is no easy answer, and most of the solutions are more then the average American is willing to face.

Face it or not, the future is coming, ans America as I see it may very well by dying, unless we make some very hard sacrifices.

I'm done, just my opinion.

Good luck to you all.

Latest resources

Back