United to ACA - small minds at work

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
general lee

Sounds like you are the only one who cares that ATA employees will travel only on coach seats. We dont care, so why do you? Or is this just another way for you to stir another pot? I, as an ATA employee, would much rather see a paying customer in Business Class than me or any other employee. They are the people who pay the bills, make us money, and keep us in the black. We have a fantastic company with great pay, why should I care if I cant ride in Business? As far as the execs riding in Business, who cares. Last time I checked, riding in coach for free is quite a luxery. I think that in these days of nearly no brand loyalty, one of our company's primary concerns should be getting customers and retaining them. Think how happy Joe Schmoe, two time a year traveler is when he gets to ride MDW-SEA in Business for the first time in his life for $50 bucks more. Then he tells all his friends how great an airline ATA is. Will it work? Its worth a try.
Until then, could you and your non-LCC Major airlines quit bringing the industy down? Thanx.

I jumpseat on Ual and I am always surprised at how well they treat me. When I deadhead on the Us Airways system or non-rev on them they almost never put me in first and when they do half the fa's seem to begrudge me my seat. However, on Ual they always offer it if it's open and try to get me to accept a free meal and all that. I'm sure that is not their company policy but the ual fa's always surprise me with their generosity, especially after reading some of the comments on this board. I really do think their employees treat other crew members well as long as you are grateful for the free ride.

I work at Air Wisconsin, and we are never booked into business class. It is always coach and may be upgraded to business or first if space permits. It sounds like ACA is just getting the same treatment as us.

RR

tarp said:
As we launch Indy Air, you are most welcome to use our jumpseats - if I have a big roomy chair for you to sit in - you've got it.

Where exactly on your RJ is this "big roomy chair" installed?

Actually boys & girls, this "change" in business travel policy has nothing to do with ACA flight crew deadhead on mainline. We have always been booked in coach, and rarely ever get upgraded (sort of like a BP10 deal).

What the letter meant was to tell ACA management, who previously could book in business/first that they are no longer welcome in the big seats. It seems that there is a "failure to communicate" issue going on 'tween UAL & ACA management types these days (gee, whoda thunk that wud happen!).

Hey, I work at ACA with Tarp, I don't know the guy, and I don't think he speaks for all the ACA pilots. I just got back from training and got business class on the way out to Dulles. Yes, I had to standby for it, but I didn't really care, I'm ALWAYS standby. I don't care if I'm in coach, first, or the baggage bay, as long as I get home. But, even if I did have to always sit in coach, who cares? I'm sure the UAL pilots didn't make the decision; just like I didn't make to decision to go independant. Please keep politics out of the cockpit. Just my view.

I just drive the bus!!!!

The best seat in the airplane is the one that gets you to work or home the fastest. First class treatment isn't always about a big seat. With me a jumpseater gets the best I have to offer. Whitecloud J-4100

Latest resources

Back