Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

taz

Board Member
Is there any truth to the Flight Interational article of the 27th June, where is states that its inside sources claim that United will be hiring 340 Captains off the street within the next 4 to 6 months.
I cant see how the unions will allow it. But i've learnt that in this US aviation industry anything is possible now!!

United only hires Captains! Od course you will have to sit in the righ seat for about 10 years or so........

Maybe they will make an exception for "Instructor Dude", and put him in the left seat.

Is there any truth to the Flight Interational article of the 27th June, where is states that its inside sources claim that United will be hiring 340 Captains off the street within the next 4 to 6 months.
I cant see how the unions will allow it. But i've learnt that in this US aviation industry anything is possible now!!

It's actually true. Although they are giving preferential interviews to the res agents working in their Indian and Pakistani call centers. Low time and marginal English skills are okay. Promote from within, I always say.

Latest resources

Back