• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Hiring Progress

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Classes scheduled to run through aug 27th will depend on number of furloughed pilots filling remaining slots. I expect classes to take a pause and pick back up late fall.

Ok thanks.

Do you think they will be actively interviewing and adding to a pool until that time?

I think that is great, as long as nepotism doesn't take over in the hiring department. Example- Hr department looks at hiring interviewers and says WOW, look at the retired F-16 AF academy grad/Former regional chief pilot. Then goes on to say he is the best person to put in a hiring position. So what follows???? The whole internal nepotism thing happens. So having a balance is key to having the best pilot group. I have always been a civy pilot, but have learned a lot from my military bros and vice and versa. We are all equal the day we arrive to the Majors. No pilot is better than the other.:)

Fully agree, just don't hate on a dude because his Guard/Reserve gig allows for epic networking.

Shrek, good to see you got on at CAL as a furloughed UAL guy. Glad we could help out and get you guys back in the cockpit. ;)

I never left a cockpit but the 22hour commute was wearing long in the tooth that's for sure.

I know where you are coming from and the sentiment is appreciated. Been having a blast over here.

Latest resources

Back