United FA with gun...thanks a lot!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SoberIrishman

We can probably expect another "knee-jerk" reaction from our wonderful TSA thanks to the United Flight attendant who carried a gun through security at ATL onto a flight to Dulles.

I don't know the full facts, whether he/she was commuting in uniform or not, but if so, this throws a very bad light once again on crews following the recent Comair employee incident involving prohibited items.

Thanks a whole lot. How stupid can you be? You have probably just screwed thousands of flight crews as a result of your idiotic "oversight". Hopefully whoever you are, you have been taught an expensive lesson.

To err is human, but this is unbelievable!

Last edited:
What's your source for this info? I can't find any information anywhere online about such an occurance. If this news is almost 4 hours old, I would think the media would have pounced on it by now.

What's your source for this info? I can't find any information anywhere online about such an occurance. If this news is almost 4 hours old, I would think the media would have pounced on it by now.

CNN headline news this morning, Saturday. Happened in ATL on Friday.

After much searching I finally found a small blurb buried deep on CNN's website:

United Airlines employee arrested for carrying gun on plane

(CNN) -- An off-duty United Airlines flight attendant carried a gun on a United Airlines flight from Atlanta and was arrested after landing at Washington Dulles International Airport on Friday, airport officials said.

Dulles authorities said the employee inadvertently brought the concealed handgun onboard but notified airport officials after landing, CNN affiliate WJLA reported.

TSA spokesman Barry Phelps said the employee was arrested before she went through the security checkpoint in Dulles. He would not identify her.

United Airlines told CNN one of their employees was arrested Friday but declined to further comment.

Phelps said TSA and FBI officials in Washington, D.C. would investigate the incident. (Posted 2:44 a.m.)

Why would this idiot turn her herself in after she arrived? She didn't have to get screened again. Could be a runner up for a "darwin" award.

We can probably expect another "knee-jerk" reaction from our wonderful TSA thanks to the United Flight attendant who carried a gun through security at ATL onto a flight to Dulles.

I don't know the full facts, whether he/she was commuting in uniform or not, but if so, this throws a very bad light once again on crews following the recent Comair employee incident involving prohibited items.

Thanks a whole lot. How stupid can you be? You have probably just screwed thousands of flight crews as a result of your idiotic "oversight". Hopefully whoever you are, you have been taught an expensive lesson.

To err is human, but this is unbelievable!

Yeah, and I'm sure this person is a member of flightinfo and can read your post... lol....

Have fun. Us in CVG now have to go through Terminal 3 screening while DH'ing or Non Reving, when we used to just go through our own gate....saving 30 minutes.
All thanks to the ramper in MCO smuggling guns out the country. Oh, kicker is that rampers still get to go through our own security gate...its just the pilots and FA's who need the extra screening.

Yeah the night flying and long international trips can be a bear, but I sure am glad that I don't have to deal with airport terminal securuty. This gal screwed it big time! TSA will love hassling flight crew.

Latest resources

Back