• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United buys 40 EMB175s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you will operate them at a loss until you ditch them.

Since you seem to have it all figured out, can you please elaborate on the CASM vs. RASM?
I'm curious since you seem to know DL will operate them at a loss.
Also, what's this weeks lotto #'s, I need a pay day!:D
Thanks,
Scoot

Since you seem to have it all figured out, can you please elaborate on the CASM vs. RASM?
I'm curious since you seem to know DL will operate them at a loss.
Also, what's this weeks lotto #'s, I need a pay day!:D
Thanks,
Scoot

Sure, average CASM > average RASM. ;) I personally haven't run the numbers, but the three smartest guys in the airline industry I can think of have, one being Steve Hazy. Google him, he's on the SkyWest BOD.

Much of what management is doing is to placate the pilot group. Unhappy labor is worse for the bottom line than running some airplanes at a loss. If pilots will strike over scope, better give them scope, even if it hurts the bottom line.

I would expect the 717 lines to be staffed very thin with crews flying below guarantee during off peak and flying to the limits during summer and the holidays.

As for the lotto? Just do the quick pick and buy one ticket. Either God wants you to win or he doesn't. The numbers don't matter.

Peace

Sure, average CASM > average RASM. ;) I personally haven't run the numbers, but the three smartest guys in the airline industry I can think of have, one being Steve Hazy. Google him, he's on the SkyWest BOD.
Ok, so you can't ATFQ! No surprise there, just another disgruntled rj pilot. So, know it all, what's the actual cost vs. Revenue smartass? Or are you placing it all on Steve Hazy, the brainiac on the Skywest BOD?

Much of what management is doing is to placate the pilot group. Unhappy labor is worse for the bottom line than running some airplanes at a loss. If pilots will strike over scope, better give them scope, even if it hurts the bottom line.
LMFAO! You really haven't been around long, have you junior. Maybe you should do a little research and see who's running the show at DL. I'll give you a hint sport, it's mostly former NWA management. What makes you, Steve, or any other know it all think the current management gives a frogs fat ass about making the pilot group unhappy.

I would expect the 717 lines to be staffed very thin with crews flying below guarantee during off peak and flying to the limits during summer and the holidays.
Genius! Fire Hauenstein, hire Jon Rivoli! You do realize that we are only taking delivery of a few aircraft a month, starting later this year don't you? This would be the case with any new airplane brought into the fleet!

As for the lotto? Just do the quick pick and buy one ticket. Either God wants you to win or he doesn't. The numbers don't matter.

Peace
Obviously not, especially when dealing with Jon Rivoli!;)

Looks like your genius buddy Steve is in hot water Jon:

By Grant McCool

April 24 (Reuters) - American International Group Inc has sued the co-founder and former chief executive of its aircraft-leasing unit, Steven Udvar-Hazy, accusing him and other former employees of stealing several thousand electronic files containing trade secrets.

The civil lawsuit by AIG, the insurer bailed out by the U.S. government in the 2008 financial crisis, was filed in the California Superior Court in Los Angeles on Tuesday. It says Air Lease Corp 's Hazy initiated the "theft of a business."

Hazy, widely credited with founding the aircraft leasing industry, co-founded AIG's International Lease Finance Corp (ILFC) unit in 1973 and resigned to run Air Lease Corp (ALC) in February 2010, which he also started before leaving ILFC.

The lawsuit said Hazy and other former ILFC executives downloaded its files and "loaded en masse onto ALC's servers" confidential information.

In a statement, ALC said it would fight the lawsuit.

"Unable to compete effectively and perceiving Air Lease as a growing threat, AIG/ILFC has now resorted to a baseless trade secrets lawsuit that Air Lease will vigorously contest and defeat," the statement said.

Hazy took Air Lease public last week, raising more than $800 million. AIG has repeatedly signaled it may sell ILFC, but nobody so far has offered to pay what the insurer thinks it is worth. The now-public ALC could help value ILFC.

The lawsuit said AIG, which is 70 percent owned by the U.S. government, is seeking hundreds of millions of dollars or more from Air Lease Corp.

The complaint described how Hazy tried to buy all or part of the ILFC business, but when he did not succeed he left to start a new aircraft leasing company to compete with ILFC. It said he worked with ILFC executives to divert deals to the new company and then they resigned.

The lawsuit also said there were 30 people involved besides Hazy.

"Before resigning their employment, these former ILFC executives engaged in massive downloading and theft of ILFC's confidential trade secret information (several thousand electronic files)," the complaint said.

"These files were then loaded onto ALC's servers. Forensic analysis shows further that many of these files became the blue print for customer communications, contracts, pricing, marketing and other strategies upon which ALC built its business."

In a statement, AIG said it regretted having to file the lawsuit "but the defendants' misconduct left us no choice but to go to court to protect our rights and the rights of our shareholders, including our largest shareholder, the American taxpayer."

The case is American International Group Inc v Air Lease Corporation in the California State Superior Court, Los Angeles County No. 483370

By Grant McCool

April 24 (Reuters) - American International Group Inc has sued the co-founder and former chief executive of its aircraft-leasing unit, Steven Udvar-Hazy, accusing him and other former employees of stealing several thousand electronic files containing trade secrets.

The civil lawsuit by AIG, the insurer bailed out by the U.S. government in the 2008 financial crisis, was filed in the California Superior Court in Los Angeles on Tuesday. It says Air Lease Corp 's Hazy initiated the "theft of a business."

Hazy, widely credited with founding the aircraft leasing industry, co-founded AIG's International Lease Finance Corp (ILFC) unit in 1973 and resigned to run Air Lease Corp (ALC) in February 2010, which he also started before leaving ILFC.

The lawsuit said Hazy and other former ILFC executives downloaded its files and "loaded en masse onto ALC's servers" confidential information.

"Unable to compete effectively and perceiving Air Lease as a growing threat, AIG/ILFC has now resorted to a baseless trade secrets lawsuit that Air Lease will vigorously contest and defeat," the statement said.

Hazy took Air Lease public last week, raising more than $800 million. AIG has repeatedly signaled it may sell ILFC, but nobody so far has offered to pay what the insurer thinks it is worth. The now-public ALC could help value ILFC.

The lawsuit said AIG, which is 70 percent owned by the U.S. government, is seeking hundreds of millions of dollars or more from Air Lease Corp.

The complaint described how Hazy tried to buy all or part of the ILFC business, but when he did not succeed he left to start a new aircraft leasing company to compete with ILFC. It said he worked with ILFC executives to divert deals to the new company and then they resigned.

"Before resigning their employment, these former ILFC executives engaged in massive downloading and theft of ILFC's confidential trade secret information (several thousand electronic files)," the complaint said.

"These files were then loaded onto ALC's servers. Forensic analysis shows further that many of these files became the blue print for customer communications, contracts, pricing, marketing and other strategies upon which ALC built its business."

In a statement, AIG said it regretted having to file the lawsuit "but the defendants' misconduct left us no choice but to go to court to protect our rights and the rights of our shareholders, including our largest shareholder, the American taxpayer."

The case is American International Group Inc v Air Lease Corporation in the California State Superior Court, Los Angeles County No. 483370

You do know Steve created/founded ILFC? In fact, Steve basically invented the aircraft leasing business. What's he stealing? Trade secrets that he created? This lawsuit reeks of desperation.

Reminds me of when Arthur Blank was a VP at Daylin corporation and the higher ups didn't like his ideas and fired him and the CEO. Both left to start Home Depot and the rest is history.

By Grant McCool

So angry. Why so touchy? Perhaps because you are clinging onto a past that will never be again? Just be happy with where you are. I am. You will have a long and prosperous career at Delta, and you will be flying big planes on long routes.

Peace.

So angry. Why so touchy? Perhaps because you are clinging onto a past that will never be again? Just be happy with where you are. I am. You will have a long and prosperous career at Delta, and you will be flying big planes on long routes.

Peace.

DL will also be flying plenty of short routes on the 717. The great part of the deal with SWA and Boeing is that DL gets to lease the planes until their leases expire (some in 2024), and then DL has the option to then buy them outright, at then current price. The MD90s coming in from Japan and China are rumored to be about $8-9 million each, including the engines. So, the 717s should be a bargain by then. Smaller mainline planes will fly those current CR9/E175 routes they are flying now, and those current 70 and 76 seaters should replace 215 outgoing 50 seaters. The term used by upper management was "upguaging," not more "outsourcing." Sorry. They are upguaging RJs too, but fewer numbers are coming in than leaving, and then add 88 717s. That's a good thing.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Ha!!! We can't count on the CAL pilots. WE are the only real airline pilots. After that abomination of an SLI dream shot from the SCAL side I cannot IN GOOD FAITH, even acknowledge that the CAL Proposal is any more than an extreme marker, a tent post as it were, from which they hope to move towards some unknown center. It is disingenuous, destructive, and outrageous to believe that a UAL pilot with 18 years LONGEVITY, 9 years as a NB Captain and 6 years as a WB FO (which are basically the same), should be placed JUNIOR to a CAL 2006 pilot who is a NEW Captain NOW (on the backs of UAL pilots) but who was nowhere close in 2010?

In 2010, he had 4 years LONGEVITY, I had 15 years.
In 2010, he was an FO, I was a Captain.
The CAL list places me on the ISL MORE THAN 100% MORE numbers down the list....telling me that my longevity, career expectations and status and category are WORSE THAN MORE THAN 50% of the CAL pilots.

It is a joke, an insult, an affront, an abomination, a disgrace, a......you name it!

CAL just does not get the damage their games are causing. Believe me, if ANYTHING CLOSE TO THE CAL PROPOSAL survives, things are going to get VERY UGLY. EVERY Captain had better bring a slew of NASA Reports with him, because NO UAL PILOT will help him out EVER!

If you guys want to ACT like sca&$....stealing our jobs and our careers.....then you WILL be treated like them. BANK ON IT!

That is not a threat, just the simple reality of what your guys are TRYING to create here with their overreach.

Holy macaroni....I hope you don't represent the majority but from what I've seen at ualpilotsforum, you aren't alone in your delusional ranting. Good luck with your anger issues, Neil. Perhaps a wee pint of Guiness will calm ye down.

Latest resources

Back