• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looking for support from an organization they don't support (sans pin).

I think the dues cover the support. The way you word I can wear the pin and keep the dues in my pocket. If that's the case I'll where 50 pins, support the union 50x you, and keep the dues. So does this guy deny jumpseaters from non union companies, they don't support alpa. How about airlines with different rival union?

One last thing, because I'm pretty much done debating SCAB lovers, a LCAL pilot calling out another group for lack of integrity is comical and amusing, but thanks for the laugh!!

Yeah, I like scabs a lot less than you and your fellow sUAL clowns like 570s. So when the list gets re-written and they're on it, don't forget how enthusiastically all you sUAL guys supported them. You're pathetic. And fraternally, a complete joke

I'm in agreement with our chairman completely. I don't agree with the UAL guys trying to overlay their completely backward a$$ way of looking at things onto the membership going forward. (This tie thing is ridiculous. I wear a pin on my tie, but if someone doesn't happen to have one there, well ok) Keep the BS out of the operation completely. No JS BS or clickers or anything.

The CAL list includes names of pilots who "didn't turn a revenue wheel"...

Notice that Eaglesview is staying out of this argument... He knows there's an issue with the sanctity of the list on the UAL side... They gave him a job so he chooses his words carefully.

Your a pain in the a$$. If you mean UAL as " they" gave me a job then you are correct. CAL didn't because I didn't even consider applying. I stay out of these things because they are a complete waste of time. I completely disagree with using the JS as a tool for ANY agenda. I wear a pin. I am very pro union. I think we could do better than ALPA but they are the union on the property and I will support them. But more importantly I wear the pin as a visual statement to other pilots that I have your back. It is also a visual statement to management that I am part of the collective bargaining organization on the property.

When I see pilots wearing the pin I greet them accordingly. I am happy to see them regardless of their legacy affiliation.

Did I choose those words carefully enough for you?

ALPA welcomed the CAL scabs with open arms under Dwayne and they proudly wear the same pin. The pin simply does not have the same meaning at CAL. There are a lot of pin wearing pilots that would cross a line when faced with losing some thing even though they talked tough for the last 20 years. Wearing a pin doesn't prove you have my back actions do. I had a good pin conversation with a 747 Lual captain the other day and I understand why he wears it and he understands why I no longer do. My friend was on the employee shuttle with an out of uniform Lual pilot and she was nasty about his lack of a pin and on her way off the bus mumbled something under her breath and scurried to her car like a coward. Have a conversation like an adult or the pin wearer in your jump seat may be a scab while the guy/gal you left behind is prob a MIGS who has walked a picket line in his past job like many of us non pin wearers have.

Make no mistake a union brother is a UAL pilot, DAL,FAL,AAG (pick any other airline) is more like a step brother. We are UAL pilots, we lookout for and take care of UAL pilots. My union is UALPA

Anyone else have a problem with this? So is Chppr saying a "step brother" can get run over? Can get excluded from ALPA National policies, like merger? Like FAL was, and USAir and America West were to be? Some of you may agree with him, but I'm not cool with it. ALPA has to mean something more than that... IMHO, if you use the fraternal aspect of a national union to enforce a picket line, then you damn well better take those pilots when you take their airplanes!! It's ridiculous to hold everyone to a certain standard and then have no real commitment to follow through ourselves.

Or let's stop pretending alpa is a national union and make our own? I could get interested in that.

Anyone else have a problem with this? So is Chppr saying a "step brother" can get run over? Can get excluded from ALPA National policies, like merger? Like FAL was, and USAir and America West were to be? Some of you may agree with him, but I'm not cool with it. ALPA has to mean something more than that... IMHO, if you use the fraternal aspect of a national union to enforce a picket line, then you damn well better take those pilots when you take their airplanes!! It's ridiculous to hold everyone to a certain standard and then have no real commitment to follow through ourselves.

Or let's stop pretending alpa is a national union and make our own? I could get interested in that.

Just like LCAL treated their union brothers when they proposed 1 for 1 Cap and F/O and stapled 3000+ of us to the bottom of their SLI pipe dream? GMAFB!!

Just like LCAL treated their union brothers when they proposed 1 for 1 Cap and F/O and stapled 3000+ of us to the bottom of their SLI pipe dream? GMAFB!!

Yeah, we did that. Scared you pretty good didn't it? Brought your proposal right to the center of the plate. Don't forget: That was part of the process we were both participating in. That was "tough love" on our part, but we both stayed within the merger policy process.

That's something we've done before over here. In fact, the Frontier integration into CAL was done so appropriately that your own sUAL proposal used it as an example of what you felt you all were entitled to! I realize you can't wrap your mind around this, but that was in infinitely poorer taste than our proposal was. The same judges/lawyers and alpa hot shots were all near the goings on when you flushed Frontier. It was Nicalua who integrated FAL into CAL! No one who read your proposal didn't know what you did, it wasn't that long ago really Hubris/arrogance like that usually doesn't occur around professional groups. It was sickening really...

Last edited:
Hey chppr5.......Flops.......how's that view in the rear view mirror? SLI is over....just in case you missed the memo. Our issue is with Uncle Jeff.......we don't figure that out soon all your issues of the past will be meaningless.

Latest resources

Back