• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting you post that Flop
You've been all about team Cal pilots

Great letter though-

We aren't at a no confidence vote by any stretch but our air tran merger is done as well and it's a good message for all of us who have been through it lately

Your management shouldn't have gotten involved with your merger seniority list. No AT 737 Capts allowed to flow over as a 737 Capt when AT brought extra 737s to the party? That will never be forgotten. Good luck with that. You guys had two mergers to watch prior to yours, and you went the wrong way. Loyalty towards your company will likely be lacking by at least 1/3 of your pilot list for years and years.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Interesting you post that Flop
You've been all about team Cal pilots

Great letter though-

I'm in agreement with our chairman completely. I don't agree with the UAL guys trying to overlay their completely backward a$$ way of looking at things onto the membership going forward. (This tie thing is ridiculous. I wear a pin on my tie, but if someone doesn't happen to have one there, well ok) Keep the BS out of the operation completely. No JS BS or clickers or anything.

The CAL list includes names of pilots who "didn't turn a revenue wheel"...

Notice that Eaglesview is staying out of this argument... He knows there's an issue with the sanctity of the list on the UAL side... They gave him a job so he chooses his words carefully.

I'm in agreement with our chairman completely. I don't agree with the UAL guys trying to overlay their completely backward a$$ way of looking at things onto the membership going forward. (This tie thing is ridiculous. I wear a pin on my tie, but if someone doesn't happen to have one there, well ok) Keep the BS out of the operation completely. No JS BS or clickers or anything.

Notice that Eaglesview is staying out of this argument... He knows there's an issue with the sanctity of the list on the UAL side... They gave him a job so he chooses his words carefully.

It's ironic that the guy who refuses to wear a pin ran to the union to complain. Talk about backward a$$!!

Hey Flop, you keep taking jabs at 570's without actually being involved with the realities at the time. Suspect or not I look to the guys that lived it, both sides, to come to a reasonable opinion. Just like modern day mergers there are 2 templates to reference, DAL/NWA and UAL/CAL, one successful the other not so much. Rewind 30 years. At the time of the CAL strike the powers at CALPA decided their game plan would be to hope the integrity of the majority of the pilot group and new hires would be enough to stand up to management and not cross the picket line. That, in hind sight, was a failed strategy. A couple years later the leaders at UALPA decided to think outside the box and go with the plan to gum up the training department and thru the grape vine tell the new hires to take the job but do not turn a wheel. Again hoping the integrity of the majority of the pilots and new hires would break managements resolve. Two templates, one successful the other not. In that decade, PATCO, CAL, UAL and EAL, this industry was being assaulted by management with the help of a labor unfriendly administration. UAL's strike was a success in a decade of labor war, hence the importance and meaning of the ALPA pin. That pin is unity, not an LEC communication welcoming scabs and scab sympathizers and ostracizing staunch unionists. Hopefully people like you that wear the pin can educate those that don't. The unity of this group is walking in lock step not not a letter from reps calling out a sub group. The pin is a very emotional subject on the LUAL side, as stated above, for good reason......Maybe Ben's message should have been " wear the pin"

Last edited:
UAL's strike was a success in a decade of labor war, hence the importance and meaning of the ALPA pin. That pin is unity, not an LEC communication welcoming scabs and scab sympathizers and ostracizing staunch unionists. Hopefully people like you that wear the pin can educate those that don't. The unity of this group is walking in lock step not not a letter from reps calling out a sub group. The pin is a very emotional subject on the LUAL side, as stated above, for good reason......Maybe Ben's message should have been " wear the pin"

There are a large number of CAL pilots who won't wear the pin, or won't wear it on their tie, who were either Frontier or were TI or old CAL strikers. And it's because is such an important thing to a group like UAL that they won't put it on their tie. Because the larger truth is simply putting a pin on your tie does not make you a "staunch unionist". Actions do that, and the actions of sUAL pilots do NOT measure up to "staunch unionist".

You don't get this (I doubt you ever will) but the truth is there is something very much worse than a scab. And that's a pilot who claims to be a "staunch unionist" who preaches about a pin on a tie or claims the union is most important, but then stuffs a knife in the back of a fellow member. UAL pilots are the worst offenders in this regard, and you merged with the wrong pilot group to think you'll ever make a case otherwise.

You don't get this (I doubt you ever will) but the truth is there is something very much worse than a scab. And that's a pilot who claims to be a "staunch unionist" who preaches about a pin on a tie or claims the union is most important, but then stuffs a knife in the back of a fellow member. UAL pilots are the worst offenders in this regard, and you merged with the wrong pilot group to think you'll ever make a case otherwise.[/QUOTE

This is where YOU are wrong. You've been hanging around SCABS so long you actually think there is something worse. Make no mistake a union brother is a UAL pilot, DAL,FAL,AAG (pick any other airline) is more like a step brother. We are UAL pilots, we lookout for and take care of UAL pilots. My union is UALPA!!!
One last thing, because I'm pretty much done debating SCAB lovers, a LCAL pilot calling out another group for lack of integrity is comical and amusing, but thanks for the laugh!!

Latest resources

Back