• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United 1st Year Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone just applying now to UAL is well over a year from seeing a class date. Plenty of time to budget. Most important thing , GTFO of the regional business.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better ^^^^

I second the GTF outa the regional biz.
It was a tough pill for me to swallow also, planned for the one year at a $50k pay decrease didnt plan for the furlough 7months later with 1 year of unemployment and 2 years at a cargo gig 2 weeks on one and 1/2 off but Id do it all over again to be getting the 100k in the right seat of an airbus now. I f i could make it it with out loosing the house or most of my 401k with 2 kids and a wife theres no reason why someone else cant. Jump and dont look back!

Consider the cost when XJT goes t$&@ up or takes a bankruptcy concession? Plus, remember that you also get 16% of your salary thrown into retirement from day one. When I was at XJT, I believe it was a 6% match- not sure if that has gone down or not.

Not trying to be harsh, but quite honestly, you can't afford NOT to do it if you plan on ever retiring. I know it sucks, I've been there believe me living in NJ ain't cheap but I've never regretted taking the leap.

Its not just XJT who is in trouble, I think all regionals except maybe Skywest are in trouble. Even Endeavor Air cannot staff the planes it currently has and cannot hire fast enough to keep up with just FO attrition, let alone the captains who are leaving. That is with the much hated deal given to only new hires that give them a flow to Delta after almost impossible requirements are met. Current pilots cannot count on the Delta interview because successful interview numbers are directly related to the staffing issues at Endeavor. For those of you in the cheap seats, it means that you will not be successful at your interview if Delta needs Endeavors planes staffed.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back