Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAX Letter to UAL Pilots over jumpseat dispute.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well for one thing the "SkyWest Pilots" did not sign this letter. They lack a union and a spine. Besides why are you asking for something to be fixed when its not going to matter anyway when United Disappears.

You are just wasting your time.
Every United Express carrier except Trans States signed it.

Formula 1 [aka, Capt Piehole [self-named]): What's wrong with the industry's pilots. An opinion based on nothing other than stupidity and opinion, and the inability to rationalize an argument other than via a third-grader's tactics. FWIW, even the union UEX pilots didn't sign this letter, though their representation did. You sir, are better categorized as an annoyance rather than having anything germaine to add. You must be a joy to fly with...if a pilot at all.
Germaine?

Germaine Greer (born 29 January 1939) is an Australian-born writer, academic, journalist and scholar of early modern English literature, widely regarded as one of the most significant feminist voices of the later 20th century[1][2][3].
Greer's ideas have created controversy ever since her ground-breaking The Female Eunuch became an international best-seller in 1970, turning her overnight into a household name and bringing her both adulation and criticism. She is also the author of Sex and Destiny: The Politics of Human Fertility (1984); and The Change: Women, Ageing and the Menopause (1991) and most recently Shakespeare's Wife (2007).

Sure call me Captain Pie Hole, I don't care. If you want to add some thing constructive here them please do.

Captain Pie Hole

There's only a handful that have higher than a 6% 401K match. And many of the ones who don't are union carriers. Explain that.
Since I left I enjoy a 7.3% match that started day one and its managed by the pilots. I also have a company profit sharing plan too to the is really is just another 401K. I put $32,800 in saving last year. Yea, that's not worth paying 1.95% union dues for.

Last edited:
If I were a commuting UAL pilot, I would be voicing my concerns--STRONGLY to my MEC.

Yes, I would be telling them to immediately cancel all jumpseat agreements with the listed UAX carriers. Guess who has more leverage here? Going to war with the UAL MEC is the dumbest thing I've ever seen from a regional pilot group, and I've seen some pretty dumb things.

What I don't get is this: the gate agent does not decide who rides the jumpseat. The Captain does. If a mainline pilot and a pilot from my own company come up to me to ride the jumpseat, i'm going to put the guy from my company on. Period. If the gate agents aren't letting you down to the aircraft, maybe the captain or FO need to go to the gate and make sure there aren't any other jumpseaters up there.

Yes, I would be telling them to immediately cancel all jumpseat agreements with the listed UAX carriers. Guess who has more leverage here? Going to war with the UAL MEC is the dumbest thing I've ever seen from a regional pilot group, and I've seen some pretty dumb things.

The largest carrier in SFO, LAX, DEN and ORD telling UA Pilots that they can no longer fly jumpseat period kind of puts the SkyWest pilots at the advantage. The SkyWest guys can still take SkyWest planes whether its a United Express, Delta Connection or Midwest Connect, in order to commute.

The largest carrier in SFO, LAX, DEN and ORD telling UA Pilots that they can no longer fly jumpseat period kind of puts the SkyWest pilots at the advantage. The SkyWest guys can still take SkyWest planes whether its a United Express, Delta Connection or Midwest Connect, in order to commute.

Unlike regional MECs, mainline MECs work together, my friend. If the UAX guys start pulling this crap, you think there might be a chance that other mainline pilots will start denying your boys too? I think so. How well will your pilots be able to commute when pilots from every ALPA major start refusing you jumpseats? Don't start a war that you can't win. This is dumb, dumb, dumb.

Don't get sucked in to a jumpseat war. Solve the problem. Don't fight about it. Come on guys.

It's not a jumpseat war, its a computer error that needs fixing. But i can go coast to coast on a SkyWest or ASA airplane and never set foot on mainline. Harsh reality.

Latest resources

Back