UAL Where are they at?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T-Bags [i] Ty said:
Being paid, huh? Well, my 10.5% B-fund IS BEING PAID. What happened to your retirement fund?

Oh, wait, I know . . . it was rolled over to your 401K at Home Depot. Congratulations.

Uh, once again you are "ill informed" every dollar of debt we own is right there on the balance sheet. However, brainiac "debt" doesn't show up in "operating profit". Not at UAL, not at DAL, not at Valuscab. Please, go check out a book or something... Care to embarrass yourself again?

Re-read my post, Chief. We're paying our way. It's billions in "brainiac debt" that your company has screwed people out of, not mine. Those companies that your clowns have cheated are owned by shareholders, and those pilots whose retirements have been nullified are people, yet you have the brass balls to trash my company? You really are a sanctimonious piece of effluence, aren't you?

Now you've got me laughing so hard I'm about to break a rib. bet you turned down all the real airlines, plus a few jobs on Wall Street. Of course your understanding of accounting would have put you in good company at Enron...

Well, buddy, I guess we'll just see who ends up at the top of the heap. You don;t know anything about me, but I've probably written more business plans than you have ever read and if AirTran went away tomorrow (fat chance!) I would be doing just fine, thanks.

IF United manages to escape Chapter 7, it will be in spite of idiots like yourself who mistakenly think that you're God's gift to Aviation, not because of you. But if you do go Chapter 7, don't worry . . . . you have a standing invitation to mow my lawn.

Last edited:
"Being paid, huh? Well, my 10.5% B-fund IS BEING PAID. What happened to your retirement fund?"

Uh Ty, UAL still pays a 9% be fund (which equates to more money per month than your 10.5%) IN ADDITION TO THE A-FUND. But you appear so well informed.... BTW, our A-fund is still there. Please try to get at least one fact correct.

"Re-read my post, Chief"

How about YOU re-read it. you're the unbelievably "uninformed" individual who tried to insinuate that UAL's operating performance for the month of August somehow included some "special" good deals. you are the "uninformed" one that doesn't understand the concept of a cash flow statement vs operating performance. Let me guess, you did have an interview at UAL, but when they made you do math in public on the tech portion, things went south...

"those pilots whose retirements have been nullified are people,"

Name ONE!

"that your company has screwed people out of, not mine. Those companies that your clowns have cheated are owned by shareholders"

EVERY dime of our debt is still on the balance sheet. Secured creditors have every right to take back the collateral and unsecured debtors get equity. get your facts straight (or wasn't that part of "business plan writting school"..)

"yet you have the brass balls to trash my company?"

Your company operated dangerous old jets too old for even "Turkish Airways", had numerous inflight fires, and had MX practices so bad that you were shut down by the FAA, and you trash UAL?

"but I've probably written more business plans than you have ever read"
It certainly doesn't show in your grasp of accounting

"you have a standing invitation to mow my lawn"

Will I have to weed eat around your houses wheels?

T-Bag spewed:

Name ONE!

How about every UAL shareholder?

I'm done with you, clown. We'll just sit back and see how it shakes out.

Don't worry, though, my offer to let you mow my lawn still stands. The only wheels you will have to worry about are on the golf carts as they go past my backyard.. . . . . .

Last edited:
"Name ONE!

How about every UAL shareholder"

Let's see, you said UAL's pilots lost their pensions, I said NAME one. You then replay "how about every UAL shareholder"... OK, you're making much more sense now.....Run and hide now, you've proven yourself inadiquate, so now hurl some insults and run away.

Like I said, we'll see how it shakes out. in the meantime, you have screwed every shareholder . . . and soon, you will probably have screwed every UAL pilot, out of their retirement, too.

Not only can you mow my lawn . . . you can even have the last word.

See, I am a Gentleman.

"and soon, you will probably have screwed every UAL pilot, out of their retirement, too."

Again WRONG. HALF of UAL's retirement (the B-fund) is MORE than your ENTIRE retirement. The A-fund is federally insured. Even in the Worst case, it WON'T GO AWAY (it will only be DECREASED).

I'd quite frankly put more faith in the tooth fairy showing up than I would counting on a retirement plan from UAL when the time comes.

Now, Mugs, if you're going to be writing about the "Tooth Fairy", I am going to have to question your choice of late-nite beverages!

T-Bags said:

Again WRONG. HALF of UAL's retirement (the B-fund) is MORE than your ENTIRE retirement. The A-fund is federally insured. Even in the Worst case, it WON'T GO AWAY (it will only be DECREASED).

I think UAL's position is much more dire than you want to believe it is. I have been in your position once, maybe twice. It is a mortal mistake both emotionally and practically to buy into the company line and ignore what is actually transpiring around you and your company.

As far as your retirement at UAL, you boys had better get a real grip and look at the hard facts. First and foremost UAL will need exit funds to emerge from BK. There isn't a lender in the universe that is going to loan that money to a company that has an 8 billion dollar pension shortage. Either one of several things are going to happen, namely the plan gets terminated (Look at USAir) or the company collapses without exit money. This is assuming that UAL comes up with a workable plan in the first place.

Next as far as your A fund, I get the distinct impression that you don't have a clue as to what the PBGC will in fact guarantee.
Decrease? That is putting it mildly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back