UAL Returning Furloughees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
acroflyr said:
Any idea how junior the ORD 320 is? I was furloughed off the 320 in SFO, but would rather be based in ORD now. Shorter commute. For the same reason you had, I would like to go back to the 320. I left with a 3 1/2 year freeze on the bus, and I guess that still applies when I go back. As an October 1, 2000 hire, I guess it will be a while before they get to me, but I'm just trying to see how things are shaking out now. Thanks for the info. Good luck!

Here is the deal:

If you flew the airplane within 36 months of the FIRST DAY you come back, you get NO FREEZE. For me the A320 is close, but I would incur the freeze, since I was bumped to the yuppy guppy and my last flight was 8/2003 I do not have a freeze on that, even if I take a long class.

ORD 320 is Junior-no problem getting that at all. Best bet is to speak to Bob Neil and go from there.

FutureTEDpilot said:
Here is the deal:

If you flew the airplane within 36 months of the FIRST DAY you come back, you get NO FREEZE. For me the A320 is close, but I would incur the freeze, since I was bumped to the yuppy guppy and my last flight was 8/2003 I do not have a freeze on that, even if I take a long class.

ORD 320 is Junior-no problem getting that at all. Best bet is to speak to Bob Neil and go from there.

So, what your saying is that since I have been out since 10-30-01, I would go through the full long school, and incur another 2 year freeze in addition to the 3 1/2 year freeze I left with? If I get the bus or any other aircraft for that matter, I'll be frozen for 5 1/2 years? That kinda blows! Thanks for the help!

acroflyr said:
So, what your saying is that since I have been out since 10-30-01, I would go through the full long school, and incur another 2 year freeze in addition to the 3 1/2 year freeze I left with? If I get the bus or any other aircraft for that matter, I'll be frozen for 5 1/2 years? That kinda blows! Thanks for the help!

FORGET YOUR PREVIOUS FREEZE.

However--it sucks for you guys who have been on the street for 36 months+ because you will be stuck in the seat for 3 years. Thanks ALPA!

I am hearing that some recall bubba's might get the 767 since some unfilled vacancies are occurring. Probably during the June-July-August recalls.

Hey Acro, do you have any sort of idea when guys at your seniority will see recall? I know it is a crap shoot... just wondering.

3/20/00 hire.

Expecting a recall soon. I'm 98% sure I'll bypass since I'm upgrading at JB very soon. Last flight at UA was 1/4/00, furloughed 1/15/00. Can you believe those jackarses gave me a mandatory vacation for my last 10 days on the property just so they wouldn't have to pay it out?

Any idea if any recalled pilots are being offered JFK? What aircraft are based at JFK now? Still a co-domicile with EWR and LGA?

Glad to hear about the recalls. I've been out of the loop as far as UAL. How long can I bypass? I heard of one guy who accepted the recall, then took a two year leave of absence. He did this because he says that he'll accrue longevity during that time, which he wouldn't if he just bypassed. What's the scoop?

Thanks for all the input. Congrats to all who gladly go back.

Cheers!

GP

FutureTEDpilot said:
I plan on having my Bolivian Babe stay with me in Denver. She needs to learn english a little better and I fiqure I can get her a job at Shot-Gun Willies to supplement my income.

i got the 300 in DCA so looks like I will avoid becoming a TED pilot

Latin chicks Rock!

Welcome back to IAD dude... we had ourselves some good times back in the ACA days!

For those that just got recalled:
Is SFO easy to get to?
It was mentioned that there might be some 757's going super junior. If so, is that projected to occur at SFO?

Latest resources

Back