Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airline Pilot27

High Speed... Aww shut up
Trying to Jump on UAL or Frontier with a Snowboard. Do any of you know if its possible. Would I have to check the Snowboard at the Ticket Counter? Also..How many Jumpseaters does Frontier take???
Thanks fellas

You will have to gate check it. Frontier allows as many jumpseaters as they have open seats in the back.....unlike United. I have not had problems with United though, and I know the pilots dont like the rule any more than I do! Have fun and hope you find some good slopes!! Great Lakes flies to Telluride out of Denver and you are more than welcome to come along!!

DFW TSA Nazis don't allow us to take the snowboard thru the checkpoint and here lies the problem. I wonder if I check it at the ticket counter if they can put a STBY tag on it or something??????

That should work. I have seen many snowboards being carried in the terminals in Denver. No different than a guitar! TSA!

Check it at the ticket counter for the flight you intend to jumpseat on. Once you know you will be able to get on, ask the gate agent to call the ticket counter and have them send it down to the plane. Have fun!!!

I've jumpseated with skiis on Air Wisconsin, SkyWest and United (pre-9/11) with no problem. Check in at the ticket counter and the agent will put a standby tag on your bag. I always wrapped mine in bubble wrap (the really big bubbles) and wrapped duct tape around them, then put them inside a soft-sided case. There are also hardshelled cases you can buy, but they are over $100 and heavy.

I just came back last night and had a blast. Took Frontier js there and came back non rev on American. Checked in at the ticket counter for both. Thanks for the advise.

Latest resources

Back