Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NOZ

I tried this question in the travel section and didn't get an answer:

I want to OMC (jumpseat with seat in the back) over to BRU or AMS from IAD with a friend who also wants to OMC (I know, we're cheap). I know that there can only be as many jumpseaters internationally as available seats on the flight deck. So my question is this, do they have a relief pilot on these flights? The block time looks to be about 7 and half hours, so I would guess not. But I don't know, I would like for both of us to get on the same flight. I appreciate any help, thanks.

They do domestically. But as of a month ago, they left jumpseaters internationally with plenty of seats in the back....

Anybody know if there is a relief pilot on IAD to BRU/AMS?

Last edited:
They do domestically. But as of a month ago, they left jumpseaters internationally with plenty of seats in the back....

Anybody know if there is a relief pilot on IAD to BRU/AMS?

Don't know if you are ALPA or not, but if you got to the ALPA message board and ask the Q, you will more than likely get a response pretty quick either from a UAL guy, or the UAL JS coordinator.

So does this mean on a 76 down to eze you can take no jumpseaters? Thanks.

I don't know about the actual company policy, but my friend and I just jumpseated to EZE on UA (from IAD) with no problems. The gate agent processed both jumpseat requests and upgraded us both to Business, and the captain had no problems with us. Good luck!

there is no limit on how many pilots UA takes while traveling under the jumpseat agreement internationally (cabin seat only). My buddy and I do it all the time.

Latest resources

Back