Ual hiring discussion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i fly boxes

I've heard everything from September to 2014. Hiring in on the cal side, would ewr be the base out of training? I am assuming the new 737 bases at den and Ord are senior so Ord would not be attainable until the sli is complete? Last question, I assume it would be a continental type interview with airline apps being the selection method?
Oh one more thing, can I get the 787 out of training?
J/k

from another board

"Starting August 28th we have scheduled 9 classes of furloughed sUA pilots to the tune of 12 per week. I have been working with a small team from both sCO and sUA to formulate the policies, procedures, and protocols that the new United will use for off the street hiring in the future. What remains unclear at this point is exactly when that may be. While all furloughed United pilots have received an offer per the TPA, there are still roughly 1,100 furloughed sUA pilots that can reenter the mix when we have classes available with simply 30 days notice. As we draw closer to a CBA (you pick your own time line) we may see pilots returning from bypass status.

There are a lot of layers to this puzzle, with very little of the off the street process firmed up right now. What I will tell you is that our team in Pilot Development and Hiring is committed to getting information about the process to the line pilots as soon as it is defined."

This year..........EWR and IAH 737. Airline Apps and a CAL style interview. Hope that helps.

I've heard everything from September to 2014. Hiring in on the cal side, would ewr be the base out of training? I am assuming the new 737 bases at den and Ord are senior so Ord would not be attainable until the sli is complete? Last question, I assume it would be a continental type interview with airline apps being the selection method?
Oh one more thing, can I get the 787 out of training?
J/k

Any thing is possible but the 787 out of training is pretty unlikely, most junior now is an 05 hire.

Thanks for the updates. I hope you guys can get this contract and sli figured out and be a dominant force going forward.

Latest resources

Back