Ual Employees Spy Ufo At Ord

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowecur

It has been reported the group was led by Glenn Tilton, who has been babbling lately that the "Heavens Gate" cult would make a great merger partner.

Airline workers say they saw UFO

Mysterious saucer-shaped craft over O’Hare?

The Associated Press
Updated: 7:27 p.m. ET Jan 1, 2007

CHICAGO - Federal officials say it was probably just some weird weather phenomenon, but a group of United Airlines employees swear they saw a mysterious, saucer-shaped craft hovering over O’Hare Airport last fall.
The workers, some of them pilots, said the object didn’t have lights and hovered over an airport terminal before shooting up through the clouds, according to a report in Monday’s Chicago Tribune.

The Federal Aviation Administration acknowledged that a United supervisor had called the control tower at O’Hare, asking if anyone had spotted a spinning disc-shaped object. But the controllers didn’t see anything, and a preliminary check of radar found nothing out of the ordinary, FAA spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory said.

Just weather?

“Our theory on this is that it was a weather phenomenon,” Cory said. “That night was a perfect atmospheric condition in terms of low (cloud) ceiling and a lot of airport lights. When the lights shine up into the clouds, sometimes you can see funny things.” The FAA is not investigating, Cory said.

United spokeswoman Megan McCarthy said company officials don’t recall discussing any such incident from Nov. 7.

At least one O’Hare controller, union official Craig Burzych, was amused by it all.

“To fly 7 million light years to O’Hare and then have to turn around and go home because your gate was occupied is simply unacceptable,” he said.

:pimp:​

Last edited:
At least one O'Hare controller, union official Craig Burzych, was amused by it all.
"To fly 7 million light years to O'Hare and then have to turn around and go home because your gate was occupied is simply unacceptable," he said.

That's funny, I don't care who you are!

aren't there video cameras all over the place up there? seems like this could be put to rest rather quickly. Well, gotta go, Bigfoot just showed up in my back yard.

And I'm the guy who gets the random drug tests. Wonder which pilot group that was? do ro fo so .... I don't remeber....something like that I guess.

It has been reported the group was led by Glenn Tilton, who has been babbling lately that the "Heavens Gate" cult would make a great merger partner.

Negative. He was just testing out his golden parachute.

aren't there video cameras all over the place up there? seems like this could be put to rest rather quickly. Well, gotta go, Bigfoot just showed up in my back yard.

Video cameras...that's what I thought too!! You can't pick your nose without someone getting it on film. WTF?

Bigfoot?! You think you have problems, the Lochness Monster is residing in my pool.

All the cameras in the world don't do any good when they're all pointed horizontally, not 1000' up in the air.

Too bad no one had a camera cellphone, or better yet, a digital camera with a zoom. One picture could have prevented dozens of drug tests!

A little anecdotal evidence from the National UFO reporting Center

Here are some quotes from Peter Davenport, the UFO center's director, says the buzz over the O'Hare sighting is fully justified.

"In my opinion, because I know the quality of the witnesses, and because I know the nature of the documents that were generated, it is one of the most dramatic cases of the year 2006 that this center has handled," "I am certain that the airline and the FAA are now attempting to conceal the true nature of the incident," Davenport said. So far, about a dozen witnesses - all affiliated with the airport or airlines - have surfaced, according to the Tribune. Davenport said he's not yet aware of any reports from outsiders. "Trying to find the actual eyewitnesses is very difficult," he said. "My suspicion is that there are a great many more. ... You ask, are there other witnesses? My response is, almost certainly. How do we find them, and how do we get them to come forward?" One of the airport witnesses did take a photo of the phenomenon, but is reluctant to make it public out of concern for his job, Davenport said. "So far, over almost two months, we've been unable to get that," he said.

ORIGINAL REPORT: The National UFO Reporting Center has received the following information from a single source (see below), who, for the time being, wishes to remain anonymous, and who prefers not to reveal for what entity he works. We have received documentation about the alleged sighting, which satisfies us as to the veracity of the report, and as to the credentials of the party reporting the incident.

We have delayed release of this case, principally because an investigation was begun almost immediately after our receipt of the initial report, and because we were hoping to obtain addition documentation about the sighting, before it could be concealed, or destroyed.

At approximately 16:30 p.m. (Central) on Tuesday, November 07, 2006, Federal authorities at O'Hare Airport received a report that approximately a dozen witnesses were observing a small, round disc-shaped object, metallic in appearance, which hovered over Gate C17 at that airport.

The object was first spotted by an employee, working on the ramp, who was engaged in "pushing back" Flight 446, departing Chicago for Charlotte, NC. The employee reported to his supervisors that the object appeared to be almost directly above his location at Gate C17, it appeared to be perfectly round, and that its size was approximately equal to a U. S. quarter, held at arm's length. The object had a metallic appearance, according to the first witness, and it appeared to him to be spinning.

The first witness apprised the flight crew of Flight 446 of the existence of the object above their aircraft, and we believe both the pilot and copilot were witness to the bizarre object, as well. The witness also contacted his supervisors, who also witnessed the object, which was visible for approximately 2 minutes.

At the end of that time, the object was seen to suddenly accelerate straight up at a very rapid pace, and it "shot" through the solid overcast, which was at 1,900 feet at the time. The witness added that the object appeared to leave a "hole" in the clouds, where it had streaked upwards through the overcast.

Both the Federal Aviation Administration and Transportation Security Administration were apprised of the event at the time it was occurring, and FAA personnel in one of the towers at O'Hare may have witnessed the object, probably with binoculars. The FAA apparently reported that the object was not visible on radar, although that fact has not been confirmed at the time of this writing.

We hope to be able to release more information about the incident at some time in the near future. In the meantime, we would like to invite anyone who may have been personal witness to the event to submit a report of their sighting, using our Online Report Form. We would be most grateful if you would indicate in your report where you were located, at the time of the sighting, and what the object looked like, from your vantage point.

Secondary Report (2nd individual to contact Davenport):

Chicago OHare UFO Report

Ok I have been hesitant about talking about this, but after hearing the report on Coast to Coast AM with Mr. Norey I can not be silent. I work for a major airline at OHare, I am a taxi mechanic. I have the job responsibilty of moving aircraft under there own power from gate to gate or the hangar complex for maintenance. We also accomplish the engine run-up testing needed. So I hope that does something for establishing a little of credibility for my report. I am still in absolute wonder and amazement at what I saw that afternoon.

Around 1630 a pilot made a comment on the radio about a circle or disc shapped object hovering over gate C-17 at the C concourse in Chicago. At frist we laughed to each other and then the same pilot said again on the radio that is was about 700feet agl (above ground level). The day was overcast with the ceiling being reported at 1600 feet if I remember correctly. I was taxing a Boeing 777 from the Intl Terminal to the Company Hanger on the North side of the Airport. As we passed the C Terminal on the Alpha taxiway we observed a dark gray hazy round object hovering over OHare Intl Airport. Is was definately over the C Terminal. It was holding very steady and appeared to be trying to stay close to the cloud cover. The radio irrupted with chatter about the object and the ATC controler that was handling ground traffic made a few smart comments about the alleged UFO siting above the C terminal.

We had to contiune moving the aircraft to the hangar. After parking I noticed the craft of no longer there but there was an almost perfect circle in the cloud layer were the craft had been. The hole disappeared a few minutes later.

For the rest of the night there were jokes made on the radio about the siting.

You think just maybe there are a few posters on this board that could confirm the above but are afraid they would be ostracized and possibly fired?.........yeah, I think so. That place is a beehive of activity and with radio chatter, more than 12 people had to noticed it. So common, one of you people had to see it........be a man and come forward (especially the RJ 1st Officers). Incidently, I don't think a picture will be published until the worker get's enough money where he won't have to work again. Smart.;)

:pimp:​

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back