UAL does a Lorenzo tactic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Av8,

I have the same dilema as you. For what it's worth, I justify it this way: Being an American is more important to me than being a pilot, i.e., my country is more important than my job. Also, my job depends on a good economy. I feel that a conservative fiscal policy helps the economy more than tax-and-spend policies do. While Republicans are obviously not as labor-friendly, I would rather my country prosper and reflect my ideals. Therefore, I usually vote for the conservative candidate.

HOWEVER, I am not so blind as to ignore the fact that there are numerous threats to our profession coming from Washington. I need my union to fight those issues. That's why I contribute to the PAC (even while on furlough). I hope that you do the same.

Back the PAC!!!

20sx said:
What's to understand? Clearly Gore did have the majority of the popular vote, just not the electorate. Nothing liberal about the facts.

George W. Bush Richard Cheney Republican 50,459,624 47.87% 271 50.4%
Albert Gore Jr. Joseph Lieberman Democrat 51,003,238 48.38% 266 49.4%
Ralph Nader Winona LaDuke Green 2,882,985 2.74% 0 0.0%
Patrick Buchanan Ezola Foster Reform 449,120 0.43% 0 0.0%
Harry Browne Art Olivier Libertarian 384,440 0.36% 0 0.0%
Other - - 232,922 0.22% 1* 0.2%

Since when is 48.38% a majority? "Clearly" you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Where was it you went to school? Perhaps you should be inquiring about a refund.

I agree wholeheartedly with what FDJ's said in the first paragraph - I am an American citizen first.

Sorry I can't send in money to the PAC though - ever since I saw the leading recipient of funds is none other than Hillary Clinton - and I am too busy supporting the NRA.

profit

Somewhere along the line, we need to understand that contracts are a reflection of revenue versus cost. That the airlines are in business and that business is not to keep the pilots happy, it is to provide a service for which they will be properly paid.

What you may see as a tactic is often reality starring you in the face. This economy and this time in history, we are obviously in trouble on the above. To think that you will come through this unscathed and without it having a severe long term impact just does not meet up with the facts.

46Driver said:
I agree wholeheartedly with what FDJ's said in the first paragraph - I am an American citizen first.

Sorry I can't send in money to the PAC though - ever since I saw the leading recipient of funds is none other than Hillary Clinton - and I am too busy supporting the NRA.

It pains me too. However, sometimes sacrifice is needed to advance a cause. It works. An example of this is the recent statement by mccain (jerk) agreeing to pull baseball style arbitration from consideration. If you don't think that PAC money influenced that decision, you are mistaken.

No thanks necessary. This furloughed guy will continue to contribute to fight issues that benefit us all. Those of you who don't give can continue to reap the rewards.

Back the PAC

Re: profit

Publishers said:
That the airlines are in business and that business is not to keep the pilots happy, it is to provide a service for which they will be properly paid.

Do you have ANYTHING to contribute other than this same, tired argument that you have presented time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again?

If not, I suggest you just go back to sleep. Maybe after your nap, you will have something different to say.:rolleyes:

20sx said:
What's to understand? Clearly Gore did have the majority of the popular vote, just not the electorate. Nothing liberal about the facts.

The FACT is, we don't know who won the popular vote. Here's another fact for you. We don't need to know who won the popular vote because we don't elect our leader with the popular vote. Bush won the electoral college, therefore he is the properly elected President of these United States!

More about the final popular vote. Do you realize that millions of votes go uncounted every presidential election? It varies state by state, but most states never even count the absentee ballots unless they are needed to decide the election FOR THAT STATE. Simply put, they stop counting once one candidate has a victory margin larger than the remaining number of ballots. So the truth is: we really don't know who won the popular election. If I had to guess, I'd say that Bush recieved the majority, because of the historical trend where the military absentees vote republican. Plus, he won more states. I would suggest that some of you start to think for yourselves instead of repeating what Dan Rather has to say.

8N

Latest resources

Back