Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

race#53

i saw yesterday where UAL moved gates at DFW from B terminal to E,
strange move until i saw CAL was next to them.
i think Northwest was there before and it is all fitting together.
Is this happening at other airports?

Already happened at ORD and CVG and will be happening soon at EWR. The merger will be announced sooner than a lot of people think.......

What they'll tell you is that it's just for the code share..

Already planned for Denver as US Airways and CAL move to B concourse in DEN in FEB....nothing that was not agreed among the carriers that are major player in STAR ALLIANCE.

So far they keep saying the same old story, as its part of streamlining the process and UAL actually made some money back from the City of Denver on the gates.

The writing on the wall is extremely obvious.... I am sure this merger will be no where near as smooth as DAL/NWA.

However, this all is not a suprise as they announced they will be sharing and consolidating all these facilities anyway.

It is an easy way to pre-merge with all of the semi-consolidation.... I bet they will announce a full on merger in 2010. Not the best for all, but probably best for business.

Last edited:
Already happened at ORD and CVG and will be happening soon at EWR. The merger will be announced sooner than a lot of people think.......

CAL did this when we were codesharing with NWA and then again when they joined Skyteam with Delta.

While I will not be surprised if a merger occours, moving gates closer to alliance partners is not an indication.

I don't think a merger is for sure yet. It all depends on how DAL does over the next few months/years. DAL is going after us especially internationally out of NY. If their plan works and we start to lose business then look for a merger. If it dosen't then there will be no merger. Personally I don't think we will see it, at least not for years to come. CAL has too much of a monopoly in NYC at this point.

Funny! in DFW, when Delta closed the DFW base, AMR wanted that whole B terminal for Eagle and United refused to move to E. DFW was even going to give United some sort of "deal" to move to E and they still said no.

I hope CAL recalls before the merger, did I just say merger? oops!

Latest resources

Back