ual-awac......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Afixedwing said:
CHQ didn't bid on any of Air Whisky's UAL Flying. Leave us out of it. However, we just lost 15 aircraft with Airways because of you guys.

Hey don't blame us where are just playing the game....As we all have said we don't want to displace anyone out of the u air system. But yonited started the snowball not awac.

cheezflyer said:
DontFeedTheBear said:
How does a 1.40-1.60=$1.00 more an hour?

OK Cheez, here it goes: 1.60-1.40=.20 per hr difference X 24 hrs in a day=4.80 per calendar day. So is it safe to assume an average flight pay day to be about 5 hrs. Now we take the 4.80 and divide it by the 5 hr avg day. That comes out to .96 per flight hr. Now I guess you were right, it's approx .96/hr not 1.00. Sorry, I'll use a calculator next time.

Yogi

g159av8tor said:
DontFeedTheBear said:
Yogi,

Are you serious that you include per diem as income? Are you just cheap? Because a buck sixty is nothing to brag about. It's actually really embarrassing and pathetic. You don't even get the government IRS rate. Last time I checked, my employer pays me per diem to eat well and healthy while I'm out of domicile. Your mentality is "regional" at best. I guess I'm paid well enough as a professional pilot not to include per diem in my earnings. I live well and I can afford things and stuff not including my per diem as income. Really, I try to spend it all on the road to eat well. What I don't spend, however, my girlfriend spends on shoes. So, whatever. Congratulations on the buck sixty an hour...tailwinds.

If you are finished belittling regional pilots, I'd like to defend my position. As previously said by Rogue 5, it is a financial comparison. The comparison was being made about total pilot compensation as a cost to the company, not as income. So please, go back to the corporate board and just hope you don't someday show up at my interview. Your attitude would not work well. We are ALL professionals here, although you may not act like one.

Yogi

PS. let me know how you feel the next time you sit around in an FBO for hours waiting for that corporate exec to finish the meeting and then being treated like the inferior person that you are to him/her. I've been there and done that. Oh, and let me know the next time you refuse to fly, and don't get fired. Hope your beeper is on vibrate, sounds like you'll need it someday...

jrod said:
I'm not an expert and wasnt' there when it all happened, but my understanding is this. ARW had the 146's, Dash-8's, and ATP's when the split happened. Essentially, ACA got the 8's, UFS took the ATP's and AWAC got the 146's. If memory serves me correctly, ARW went from about 200 pilots to 80. Some pilots went to ACA and a few remain there (i think) and several went to UFS. Most went to the steet. Many of the 328's came from the merger with MAX Air in the late 90's. So, to answer your question, for most of the 90's, ARW consisted of just 18 BAe-146's. All indications are that those will all be retired over the next year.

Just another page in the history of Air Wisconsin.

Cool...thanks for the info. I can remember seeing ARW Metro's in ORD in
the late 70's and early 80's. Seems like they were parked over by what
are the F gates now, but I don't remember. I also remember seeing
the 146's in CWA in the early 90's before they got painted blue and gray.

As sad as it sounds 100LL has a good point.
There is really nothing any of the individuals on this
board can do to stop the so called race to the bottom.
It is economics and until the tide turns we will continue
to see a correction to compensation rates. Eventually
an equilibrium will be reached and things will begin to
change and go the other way. I can understand why he
would do what he can to improve his lot in life. In this
environment shouldnt we all stay nimble on our feet and
seize opportunity where it may exist, while waiting for a better day?

Last edited:
theo said:
As sad as it sounds 100LL has a good point.
There is really nothing any of the individulas on this
board can do to stop the so calle race to the bottom.
It is economicas and until the tide turns we will continue
to see a correction to compensation rates. Eventually
an equilibrium will be reached and things will begin to
change and go the other way. I can understand why he
would do what he can to improve his lot in life. In this
environment shouldnt we all should stay nimble on our feet and
seize opportunity where it may exist, while waiting for a better day?

I agree also. You gotta laugh at ALPA trying to get non members to sacrifice career advancement to save the industry. Holding the line 20 years ago by requiring that all flying by ALPA carrier X will be done by ALPA pilots on the airline X seniority list wasn't done and this is what they got. Sorry guys.

Latest resources

Back