UAL air-to-air rant

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HAL

A few days ago, while mid-Pacific, one of the UAL guys came on the air-to-air frequency, and went into a long rant about the progress of negotiations on a combined contract with CAL. I don't know about the details of what you are all looking for, and I fully support your right to get the best contract possible, using whatever legal means you have.

However...

This guy was using the F-bomb on the radio, calling the union President a lot of unacceptable slurs, and worst of all, advocating giving the passengers less than normal treatment. He wanted everyone to turn off 'Channel 9', stop playing the 'halfway to Hawaii' game, taxi slow, use sick time, etc.

Whatever beef you have with management, I get it. But to involve the passengers is unprofessional, stupid, and childish. They are the ones who ultimately pay your salary, and since UAL already has a marginal image with the traveling public, you should be doing anything you can to make their flight as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Does this mean you lose an edge with management? No. It means you can still negotiate as strongly as possible, while maintaining yourself as complete professionals.

In a word (or two), Grow Up.

/rant

HAL

I don't understand why anyone would thing there would be a contract in place prior to the company being able to get a joint certificate?

I would rather listen to the SWA guy rant on why he cant get a piece of A**. In fact he should change jobs to DAL so he could lay over in BKK or MNL. Problem solved. Maybe the UAL guy should start bidding MNL too so he could only have one thing to think about.

Maybe the UAL guy should start bidding MNL too so he could only have one thing to think about.

GREAT! Now there's wine all over my keyboard. Thanks a planeload.

:laugh:

It was not me on the radio but I know the thoughts as do many others.

What is CAL doing? CAL is screwing up the entire deal. Jay Pierce has got to go. Negotiating with an ultimatum from a worthless CAL pilot group is not much of a negotiation.

Last edited:
I don't understand why anyone would thing there would be a contract in place prior to the company being able to get a joint certificate?

If you're not being sarcastic then that's one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen. Didn't you watch Delta/Northwest? You act like an expert so that's why I'm asking.

It was not me on the radio but I know the thoughts as do many others.

What is CAL doing? CAL is screwing up the entire deal. Jay Pierce has got to go. Negotiating with an ultimatum from a worthless CAL pilot group is not much of a negotiation.

What is UAL doing? I think it was the CAL mec who had to file 3 grievances so far...and UAL has done what exactly???

If you're not being sarcastic then that's one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen. Didn't you watch Delta/Northwest? You act like an expert so that's why I'm asking.

Show me when anything at CAL has ever happened like at Delta/northwest? Even their so-called Delta +1 attempted was sub delta. It was full of CAL honky donk. Hell the pay rate at my level were still sub delta, so how can they call that delta +1?

Latest resources

Back