Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

texarkana

Hey guys,

How is the flying going in Guam? Still a junior base and accessible to new hires? Only and last info i ever really got about the Guam flying was from a few yeas ago and it sounded like a big paid vacation, bunch of guys living in Hawaii and having a good time...

I read there are 15 snakes for every human on Guam and the humidity is so thick you can cut it with a bayonet. Beyond that it is great!

On a serious note, the route structure out of Guam on the 800 is pretty impressive - Japan, Philippines, Northeast Australia (Cairns) and all of the surrounding islands. Sounds like a cool adventure and opportunity to travel before returning stateside. I'd bid it!

Yes any info on the subject would be greatly appreciated! I also would love to know what the trips are like, how the flying is, how it is living out there, etc.

I understand that guam isn't listed as an option for new hire classes, however if you are awarded the 737 you can volunteer for Guam. 3000/month extra, start at second year pay, paid move there if you commit to 18 months. Paid move both ways if you commit to 36 months.

Yes any info on the subject would be greatly appreciated! I also would love to know what the trips are like, how the flying is, how it is living out there, etc.

I understand that guam isn't listed as an option for new hire classes, however if you are awarded the 737 you can volunteer for Guam. 3000/month extra, start at second year pay, paid move there if you commit to 18 months. Paid move both ways if you commit to 36 months.[/QUOTE]

I would bid it in a heartbeat! 3 years will fly by fast. You can always return stateside and then fly IAH-MSP or ORD-PDX for the rest of your career... Plus, after 3 years you probably have island fever and want to return - it's probably the right amount of time. After flying for a regional for 10+ years I could use a change of scenary!!!! :cool: Now if UAL would only give me a call...

Last edited:
I read there are 15 snakes for every human on Guam and the humidity is so thick you can cut it with a bayonet. Beyond that it is great!

not true, not true.

:)

There are only 14 snakes for every human. After doing 3 years in GUA, I can verify you can cut the humidity with a bayonet, butter knife, or your hang low.

Fun place to chill and make sure to take a turn at the wheel at the Viking. She's a good ship!

I understand that guam isn't listed as an option for new hire classes, however if you are awarded the 737 you can volunteer for Guam. 3000/month extra, start at second year pay, paid move there if you commit to 18 months. Paid move both ways if you commit to 36 months.[/QUOTE]

I would bid it in a heartbeat! 3 years will fly by fast. You can always return stateside and then fly IAH-MSP or ORD-PDX for the rest of your career... Plus, after 3 years you probably have island fever and want to return - it's probably the right amount of time. After flying for a regional for 10+ years I could use a change of scenary!!!! :cool: Now if UAL would only give me a call...

JR, they should call you.....what's up man?

Sorry, but Guam flying will be fenced off to LUAL after SLI.

Dang, one of the three arbitrators is right here on this forum!

News flash, you'll be lucky if we staple you. You will just be another airline that we $&cked like a $2 wh&$e ala Frontier, Air Wisconsin, etc. I hope you enjoy slinging gear for me after I come off furlough.

Latest resources

Back