Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BRA

Rollins Rules!
I have heard pictures existed of the UAL 777 that did the low pass at spruce creek, near daytona beach. Anyone have a link to these, or any detials to add to that story? I've always just heard it all second hand.

I know a retired UAL 747 captain that lives there, and I'm sure he's not the only one!

BRA said:
I have heard pictures existed of the UAL 777 that did the low pass at spruce creek, near daytona beach. Anyone have a link to these, or any detials to add to that story? I've always just heard it all second hand.

I remember when that happened. There were pictures in the local Daytona paper. They scared a lot of people that day.... It was kind of funny!

It actually was indeed a AA 777. The story is that it was a very senior pilot that was close to retirement and was ferrying the A/C to MIA. THAT part I can't confirm, but the airline of choice this day was AA not UA. Hope this helps!

Ok well i always heard UAL, but of course all 2nd hand. I had understood the dude lost his job? What was the year? 98?

BRA said:
Ok well i always heard UAL, but of course all 2nd hand. I had understood the dude lost his job? What was the year? 98?

The rumor I heard was that he did lose his job...... I think it was 99 or 00.

Not only does the pic exist, he still lives there. He flies a 421 and is a great guy. I talked with him yesterday. There are very few of the original signed pics due the fact that he only signed them for his friends. If you want to see one you can go to the restaraunt in the creek. I believe there is one in there.

He did not loose his job. It was his last flight prior to retireing. He had the company CEO and other important people on the plane. I don't know where you heard he was fired, but you are wrong.

My Parents live there. My mom was out on the golf course and they thought the jet was making an crash landing.

Kinda freeky.

Latest resources

Back