Types of Climbs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OPECJet

Getting ready for an interview, and can't find what the types of climbs are. We only use a type 2 climb at my current job, so the company manuals are worthless here, and a search hasn't given much info.

Thanks in advance for the help!

That's a possibility, but I'm thinking more along the lines of type 1 / 2, etc.

Thanks though.

Interviewing at NetJets.

Getting ready for an interview, and can't find what the types of climbs are. We only use a type 2 climb at my current job, so the company manuals are worthless here, and a search hasn't given much info.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Heyas,

Are they talking about noise abatement climbs for jets?

There is a distant and a close in. Distant is where you clean up, then climb at "quiet EPR", and close in is where you climb at max with the flaps down, then clean up at 3,000 or so (could be different or called something else at other outfits).

Most of this had to do with older, noisier aircraft, and most of the modern stage III jets I've seen only fly one profile unless there are terrain obstruction issues.

Nu

We have 3 where I work. ICAO A, B and normal. Normal is beginning the clean up at 800' AGL

ICAO A = close in noise

ICAO B= distant noise

Well, with the answers I've gotten, I'm not really sure what they're looking for. I'll keep on it.

Thanks for the replies!

NetJets certainly does fly into a lot of noise sensitive areas but most of those places have specific noise abatement climb procedures. Canada on the other hand simply has an A and a B climb profile.

Procedure A
(a) Takeoff to 1 500 feet AAE:
(i) takeoff power,
(ii) takeoff flap, and
(iii) climb at V2 + 10 to 20 KT (or as limited by body angle).
(b) At 1 500 feet AAE:
(i) reduce thrust to not less than climb power.
(c) From 1 500 to 3 000 feet AAE:
(i) climb at V2 + 10 to 20KT.
(d) At 3 000 feet AAE:
(i) accelerate smoothly to enroute climb speed with flap retraction on schedule.
RAC7_6_3A_EN.gif

Procedure B
(a) Takeoff to 1 000 feet AAE:
(i) takeoff power
(ii) takeoff flap, and
(iii) climb at V2 + 10 to 20 KT.
(b) At 1 000 feet AAE:
(i) maintaining a positive rate of climb, accelerate to zero flap minimum safe manœuvring speed (VZF) retracting flap on schedule, then
(ii) reduce thrust consistent with the following:
(A) for high by-pass ratio engines, reduce to normal climb power;
(B) for low by-pass ratio engines, reduce power if practicable to below normal climb power but not less than that necessary to maintain the final takeoff engine-out climb gradient; and
(C) for aeroplanes with slow flap retracting, reduce power at an intermediate flap setting.
(c) From 1 000 feet AAE to 3 000 feet AAE:
(i) continue climb at not greater than VZF + 20 KT.
(d) At 3 000 feet AAE:
(i) accelerate smoothly to en route climb speed using normal climb power.
NOTE: Aeroplanes such as supersonic aeroplanes not using wing flaps for takeoff should reduce thrust before attaining 1 000 feet AAE but not lower than 500 feet AAE.
RAC7_6_3B_EN.gif

This is probably not what your looking for but I hope it helps anyway. Not really sure what NetJets could ask about climb profiles.

Latest resources

Back