Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRACKHEAD

gimme just one mo hit!
Can anyone here recommend a school that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for a type rating. I received $15,000 from the WIA for a type rating and wanted to get a Corporate airplane type (i.e. C-500, Lr, GIV etc...)
I called Simuflite and the 15K only gets you a King Air Checkout. I would have to come up with the difference on anything else and I'm trying to get it done 100% paid.

Does anyone know of any other training center that charge less for a jet type??

Thanks in advance.

You can get a CE 500 or CE 525 type for about 5500 at Flight Crew Systems. Look them up on line.
Also I was quoted 8000 for a Lear 31 (lr-jet) type at simuflite but that was the short course since I have a 135 sic letter.

What state did you get to fork over that much money thru WIA?? I thought I was lucky getting $5000 from Maryland.

OK, I'm stupid --- what's the WIA?

Wia

Surplus,

WIA stands for Workforce Investment Act; it's a grant for training purposes from the emploment commision via the Federal Government given to people displaced from their employment.

In our field when we get furloughed we can apply and get $$$ for a type rating or any sort of training to get us marketable in our line of work.

F/E's can probably get money for their ratings to get them in to the next seat and so on.

If you get furloughed don't forget to use this benefit.

Jet Aeronautical in San Diego also has CE 500 type for I think $8500. I've spoken with the owner many times and still trying to get WIA funds for the training. Yeah which state is giving away $15K for training?

Latest resources

Back