Two of the Nine Avro's Return to MSP?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avrodriver

Granted I took this off of airliners.net. But it seems like quite a few people are backing the story up. Not trying to stir the pot, just interesting that's all. Good luck you guys!

AD

"Yes indeed, two of the RJ85s are back from Marana. Nine were originally ferried to Marana - some operating passenger flights into OKC, then positioning to Marana, others operating direct MSP-Marana or DTW-Marana. These flights all occured around the end of Oct / early Nov. The following aircraft were sent to Marana - fleet numbers 7501/03/05/06/08/09/10/11/12.
The following two have returned Marana-MSP - 7510 operating as flt 3690 on Nov 23rd, and 7503 as flt 3691 on Nov 23rd. One weird thing I noted in the routings of Mesaba Rj85s, there is one at YYC, fleet number 7523. which operated flt 3691-17 Nov Msp-YYC, and it is still there. I have no idea why it is there - anyone any insights?"

heard from a guy that knows a guy (ya know how that goes) that the 9 in the desert currently are being returned into service only to be replaced by another 9 from a different leasing company. Apparently the leasing company that owns the 9 in the desert right now agreed to lower lease terms so 9 others are now going...the whipsawing continues on all levels !

n25na said:
Apparently the leasing company that owns the 9 in the desert right now agreed to lower lease terms so 9 others are now going...the whipsawing continues on all levels !

Caleb Mardel came in to our class and told us that as well. At least it's encouraging to hear that some of them have been renegotiated. If they all will is anyone's guess though.

Cheers

YYC is Calgary, Alberta. Aircraft there is in for heavy check. I brought one up there a couple of months ago.

Latest resources

Back